Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet and Sonus Faber Day - June 7th!
Photo 
[Image: banner-devsonus_zps8a822d9c.jpg]

Hi All,

We have now been a Devialet dealer for a month or so and it has certainly got the phone ringing, there is a real excitement about what these guys are doing, it really does feel like the future of hifi, I have now had the opportunity to sit in on many customer demo’s and have got a real feel for what the range of Devialet amps have to offer when it comes to features and sound quality, and I have to say that they are impossible to fault, not only do they look sublime but they really do perform when it comes to music reproduction offering a lovely detailed sound but with a naturalness and warmth that just makes them sound really listenable, as I said they really are impossible to fault.

When I took on Devialet I was really looking forward to trying our range of speakers to see what worked well as I really didn’t know what to expect, luckily they all perform really well with the Devialet range but I think there is no arguing that when it comes to performance and style that there really is no beating Sonus Faber so it makes perfect sense to partner Devialet with Sonus Faber for our open day, 2 brands that really do understand that style doesn’t have to mean compromise.

So the plan for our open day is to run the Devialet 200 downstairs with the Sonus Faber Olympica I’s and upstairs we will be running the Devialet 250, maybe a 500 if I can blag it with possibly the Olympica III’s, maybe the Guarneri Evolution’s which I have on demo at the moment which sound glorious, or if we can manage to lift them upstairs the Amati Futura’s, but at 55kg each that may prove too much of a challenge, I will update this once I have got confirmation from Absolute Sounds what the final setup will be.

So if you’ve been following Devialet for some time now or are just interested in experiencing something new in the hifi world and would like to have the opportunity to come and have a listen for yourself in a no pressure environment partnered with some of the best speakers available today from Sonus Faber then please feel free to come along to HiFi Lounge on June 7th to hear just how amazing Devialet and Sonus Faber sound when partnered together.

To whet the appetite please find a few pics below and also please fee free to check or events page for a list of this years upcoming events -

Events

Devialet.

[Image: Devialet-170-main_zpsd3905e1e.jpg][/B]

[Image: Devialet240Remote-hicloseupcopy_zps781f2a5a.jpg][/B]

[Image: Devialet170Remotecopy_zps17af726e.jpg][/B]

Guarneri Evolution’s

[Image: Sonus-faber-GE_zpse994f2f3.jpg]

[Image: 3913e5e3-5b50-4db3-c84e-bec647052a60_zpsb738d2b1.jpg]

[Image: 012e43c6-87d7-49ff-6201-dc2d929891cd_zps35d1a899.jpg]

Amati Futura’s

[Image: futura1_zps91241eb6.jpg]

[Image: futura_amati_1_zps171f80ad.jpg]

[Image: 49c33104-57be-44ab-0b7e-cf41dccc392c_zps228ec4b7.jpg]

Hope to see you on June 7th,

Regards,

Paul.
[Image: banner-devsonus_zps8a822d9c.jpg]

UPDATE!

Hi Everyone,

With the weekend fast approaching I thought I would quickly update this post with the plans for the day, needless to say I have been playing with the Devialet range a lot since taking the brand on and particularly since the new firmware was released last week giving every unit more power + a few other tweaks, the main one though is the introduction of ‘SAM’ which stands for ‘Speaker Active Matching’. The effect of using SAM really can’t be underestimated, it really isn’t subtle and to be fair could be a real game changer in the world of HiFi. At the moment the only speakers that we have with the SAM profile already completed are the Sonus Faber Venere 2.5’s, so we will be running these in our downstairs demo room with the Devialet 200 so that we can show the difference SAM makes as it only takes around 1min to re-boot the Devialet with SAM running on and then off, I think you’ll be very surprised.

In our upstairs demo room we will be running our Devialet 250 with the Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution’s, these speakers really are quite special, especially with vocal and acoustic, I put 1 Damian Rice track on the other night, 50 mins later I had played the whole album as I just couldn’t turn it off, very addictive. We will be running both systems with turntables hooked up so that you can hear that although everything has to go back to digital to go through the Devialet you still retain that lovely analogue sound, we will have the 200 partnered with a Rega RP6/Dynavector 10x5 and the 250 together with the Michell Orbe/Dynavector XX2. As for digital sources we will run a NAIM NDX on the 250 along with the OPPO 105 for CD playback if required and a Synology DS214 NAS Drive on the 200 controlled directly via an iPad and connected via USB, as so far this has proved the most cost effective way without loosing performance that I have found, we will also hook up a Sonos Connect so you can hear that even with Spotify’s low’ish bitrate it actually sounds pretty good. Finally we can demo AIR to show how you can use your MAC or PC to play your music and route it through a Devialet, Phew it is gong to be a busy day Smile

Wendy will be on hand as ever to help out and keep the tea and coffee flowing, her first day as a full employee of HiFi Lounge, so if you’ve got any music you’d like to bring along please feel free, either on vinyl, memory stick or cd. Like I have said many times before, it really is impossible to fault what Devialet have achieved so hopefully you can make it in and experience for yourself.

[Image: 5bd17f5d-64c7-4711-f302-2ea8643f90101_zps8e7aa286.jpg]

[Image: Devialet-170-main_zpsd3905e1e.jpg]

[Image: Sonus-faber-GE_zpse994f2f3.jpg]

[Image: Devialet240Remote-hicloseupcopy_zps781f2a5a.jpg]

Thanks,
Paul.
Great event Paul and Wendy and what a fabulous facility - thanks for your hospitality.

Ian
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
I wish I could have made it up to sunny Beds.

Ian, any thoughts?

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(07-Jun-2014, 19:21)Jwg1749 Wrote: I wish I could have made it up to sunny Beds.

Ian, any thoughts?

Matt

Well I travelled 140 miles (x2) from Yorkshire but the event was worth it. The set-up is great - two lovely rooms and another with 40 (?) pairs of headphones to try; they are lovely hosts and the choice of kit is good too - it is worth a visit.
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

England
(08-Jun-2014, 07:49)IanG-UK Wrote:
(07-Jun-2014, 19:21)Jwg1749 Wrote: I wish I could have made it up to sunny Beds.

Ian, any thoughts?

Matt

Well I travelled 140 miles (x2) from Yorkshire but the event was worth it. The set-up is great - two lovely rooms and another with 40 (?) pairs of headphones to try; they are lovely hosts and the choice of kit is good too - it is worth a visit.

And what about the sound? I am a Sonus Faber user and very interested in Your opinion about high-end SF speakers with Devialet?
Matt

Downstairs was the Venere 2.5, I think. About £2.5k

Upstairs was, I believe, the Guarneri. About £17k?

I listened a lot to the downstairs kit and the sound was just fine - I don't thing you would have any qualms about a mismatch - but just try it.

Mike ("steelhull") was the first poster on the Devialet thread on HiFi Wigwam and he used the Stradivari with dual D-Premiers.

Ian
MacBook Pro (with Air)

England
Hi,

I was at the Hi-Fi Lounge event too - yes, they have good demo facilities and are very patient and helpful Smile The Venere was driven by a Devialet 110 both with and without SAM processing and the difference was staggering - it went from being a pretty average MOR speaker to being really dynamic, tight and engaging. Quite a bargain for the price Smile

I was a bit disappointed with the SF Guarneri Evo upstairs but have also been by expensive SF speakers in the past. It was a 'nice' 'polite' speaker and I was assured by another attendee who had heard it driven by a Devialet before that it didn't sound anywhere near as good as it could. not sure why. Anyway there's no SAM available for it (yet) which might improve things.
Hi Everyone,

Sorry I'm a bit late posting this but both Wendy and myself just wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone who came along to our Devialet / Sonus Faber day on Saturday, I really didn’t know what numbers to expect to be honest and really thought it would be one of our quieter events what with Devialet not exactly being a household name, yet, but how wrong was I, another great turnout with people driving from all over the place, Hi Ian, there was a real nice steady flow all day from 9am till 6pm, comprising of familiar and new faces, just showing how much interest there really is in Devialet, I guess having the Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolutions playing all day didn’t hurt either :-)

I think everyone agreed that the star of the day was SAM, like myself many were quite sceptical before hearing SAM in action, but once heard everyone agreed that SAM could be a real game changer is Hifi as the difference with SAM on and then off was really quite stark.

So once again, thanks to everyone who came along on Saturday and helped make it such a fun event, hope to see you all at our next event and no doubt we will do another Devialet event in the near future as one thing is for sure Devialet always seem to have something new and exciting to shout about, hopefully we will be able to demo more speakers that have been SAM'd :-)

Thanks again,

Paul and Wendy.