Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linn Majik SPDIF out for feed into D120
Hi all

Setting up my Linn Majik as a streamer to the D120 and have set Linn Konfig for Digital Output Mode, RAW, Internal Volume Control is OFF, (assuming this shuts off the internal amp).

My issue is that I am not getting anything out of the SPDIF ports. I am getting good signal out of the Toslink but would like to use the SPDIF ports if possible to get up to 192kHz.

I tested the D120 with my Coax out from CD player and works very well so feel D120 is set to receive correctly.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bob
250 Pro Master, Siltech Anniversary Silver Interconnects and Speakers cables, LINN Majik Streamer, Arcam D37 SACD, Mac-mini with Kazoo, JRiver and tested Roon, Speakers, custom build, SEA Exotics, Chord Hugo, HifiMan H1000's. (home is Vancouver, Canada)
Update:

Got the Linn Majik streaming successfully to the D120 via Coax, (an embarrassing brain fart prevented me from reading the ports correctly :-) - stricken with the newby mistake of looking at the ports from the top down vs from the back ).

I am using Siltech G7 330i Classic Anniversary Interconnects, (silver, with a few atoms of gold), and the sound is very balanced so far. Replacing the pure copper speaker cables with 330L Siltech's next week so hopefully, last few items I want to clear up will be addressed.

I am really impressed with the speed and clarity of the music, eg: playing Breathe from Dark Side of the moon which has a good balance of percussion and vocals. I don't feel like I am missing anything. The stacato blend into On the Run transition is pitch perfect and left to right and back again evolving into the clock ticks is celebratory as we transition in to Time!

Wow, my first devialet, this is fun!

Thanks guys!

Bob

(09-Nov-2014, 15:49)boba2013 Wrote: Hi all

Setting up my Linn Majik as a streamer to the D120 and have set Linn Konfig for Digital Output Mode, RAW, Internal Volume Control is OFF, (assuming this shuts off the internal amp).

My issue is that I am not getting anything out of the SPDIF ports. I am getting good signal out of the Toslink but would like to use the SPDIF ports if possible to get up to 192kHz.

I tested the D120 with my Coax out from CD player and works very well so feel D120 is set to receive correctly.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bob
250 Pro Master, Siltech Anniversary Silver Interconnects and Speakers cables, LINN Majik Streamer, Arcam D37 SACD, Mac-mini with Kazoo, JRiver and tested Roon, Speakers, custom build, SEA Exotics, Chord Hugo, HifiMan H1000's. (home is Vancouver, Canada)
Nice one! What's the rest of your system?

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(10-Nov-2014, 09:01)Jwg1749 Wrote: Nice one! What's the rest of your system?

Thanks Matt

Devialet is replacing a MasterSound 300B Parallel tube so radical flip to the dark side! Cables were all Hovland and speakers were custom made using SEAs Exotics, (T35 tweeter and W8 bass) with cross-overs fine-tuned by Solen. Sub by MJ Acoutics. So, CD player and sub from UK, speakers from Norway, tube amp from Italy, now dumping Italy for France!

Was using a Arcam DV137 for SACD but looking to replace and upgrade. Was going to have it modded but decided to replace. Still looking to answer that one.

Cheers

Bob

Matt