Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet app on Ipad a bit wonky
Recently, I have been having trouble accessing the Devialet app on my iPad.  My device and the app are on the same network, so that's not the issue, and my Dev200 is always in sleep stage.  I can access the app if I re-boot the iPad but that's not optimum, of course.  Anyone else having this issue?  Any ideas of how to sort it out?  I guess I could delete and re-install the app but am wondering whether there are other options.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(14-Jul-2018, 13:00)Flashman Wrote: Recently, I have been having trouble accessing the Devialet app on my iPad.  My device and the app are on the same network, so that's not the issue, and my Dev200 is always in sleep stage.  I can access the app if I re-boot the iPad but that's not optimum, of course.  Anyone else having this issue?  Any ideas of how to sort it out?  I guess I could delete and re-install the app but am wondering whether there are other options.

Hello, since the FW 12.3.0 / 13.0.0 no problems with the remote control / remote control app! Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(15-Jul-2018, 11:44)K4680 Wrote:
(14-Jul-2018, 13:00)Flashman Wrote: Recently, I have been having trouble accessing the Devialet app on my iPad.  My device and the app are on the same network, so that's not the issue, and my Dev200 is always in sleep stage.  I can access the app if I re-boot the iPad but that's not optimum, of course.  Anyone else having this issue?  Any ideas of how to sort it out?  I guess I could delete and re-install the app but am wondering whether there are other options.

Hello, since the FW 12.3.0 / 13.0.0 no problems with the remote control / remote control app! Rolleyes

No problem for @K4680 maybe....  There are problems for others though.  As an example, I have an old iPhone 5 which works perfectly with the app.  I have tried an iPhone 6 plus, many issues, I have tried an iPhone 7, this works perfectly, on my iPad Air 2 the app is incredibly unstable.  This is nothing to do with network issues either, I can put two devices on the same desk that the wifi router sits on and only one device works, the other does not, both hold perfect 5G.  In fact, both devices will stream video without issues if I am sat with them in the garden.

Others are having problems too and Devialet do not plan to bug fix.  They are planning a new remote app though, with SAM and tone controls etc.  So if the app is buggy for you, you are just unlucky I think, and will probably need to wait for the new app.  For me, I can't be bothered trying to troubleshoot this one knowing the existing app is buggy and a new app is coming "soon", I'll just use the mysteriously stable iPhone 5 and wait patiently for the new app.

@K4680 is clearly one of the lucky ones, and there is nothing wrong with being lucky, nothing at all.... Shy (I'll send you a list of the runners for when I go to the horse races next week)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(15-Jul-2018, 12:24)Confused Wrote:

No problem for @K4680 maybe....  There are problems for others though.  As an example, I have an old iPhone 5 which works perfectly with the app.  I have tried an iPhone 6 plus, many issues, I have tried an iPhone 7, this works perfectly, on my iPad Air 2 the app is incredibly unstable.  This is nothing to do with network issues either, I can put two devices on the same desk that the wifi router sits on and only one device works, the other does not, both hold perfect 5G.  In fact, both devices will stream video without issues if I am sat with them in the garden.

Others are having problems too and Devialet do not plan to bug fix.  They are planning a new remote app though, with SAM and tone controls etc.  So if the app is buggy for you, you are just unlucky I think, and will probably need to wait for the new app.  For me, I can't be bothered trying to troubleshoot this one knowing the existing app is buggy and a new app is coming "soon", I'll just use the mysteriously stable iPhone 5 and wait patiently for the new app.

@K4680 is clearly one of the lucky ones, and there is nothing wrong with being lucky, nothing at all.... Shy (I'll send you a list of the runners for when I go to the horse races next week)

@Confused
Hello Confused, I'm sorry, but it is so! Horses are not my area! Pocker would be something else Wink Wink
Good luck Angel
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Sad 

@K4680 Well, some of us are still on FW 10.1.0 (or lower) because we don't have the Pro version...
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(15-Jul-2018, 12:24)Confused Wrote:

@Confused For me, the Devialet app on my iPhone 6 works so I either use that or (gasp) the physical remote when the iPad app goes wonky.  Of course, when using Roon and its dedicated Devialet volume control, there is some solace.  But there are times when I wish to use my Bluesound Node 2 with Roon and then I need to access the Devialet app.  Well, at least I have some workarounds until the new app appears, maybe at the same time as the new upgrade campaign launches! Confused
You can still control the volume on the Devialet through Roon even if it’s not an active zone.
Just go to the zones menu, and click on the Dev volume slider and slide away. I use it even when I’m playing to the Dev via AES.
Not sure if it was a planned feature but the volume control is always active regardless of source (at least for my few sources).

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(15-Jul-2018, 12:57)Hifi_swlon Wrote: You can still control the volume on the Devialet through Roon even if it’s not an active zone.
Just go to the zones menu, and click on the Dev volume slider and slide away. I use it even when I’m playing to the Dev via AES.
Not sure if it was a planned feature but the volume control is always active regardless of source (at least for my few sources).

@Hifi_swlon I didn't realize the Devialet volume could be controlled via Roon even when it's not an active zone.  On the other hand, I have my Bluesound Node 2 connected to my Devialet via both its analog and digital outs.  I prefer to switch to the analog or line out function when playing MQA files, so I need to access the Devialet app directly to make the switch.  Oh, well... Sad
I only found it by chance. Yeah, I still use the app to switch inputs and if I’m honest I much prefer the Devialet remote for volume - just depends what’s handy and open - tend to use the most immediate.

I prefer the physical one too but with a toddler it’s always hidden out of sight. Sad

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(15-Jul-2018, 13:10)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I only found it by chance. Yeah, I still use the app to switch inputs and if I’m honest I much prefer the Devialet remote for volume - just depends what’s handy and open - tend to use the most immediate.

I prefer the physical one too but with a toddler it’s always hidden out of sight. Sad
@Hifi_swlon Ah, the days when little ones would mess with my stereo! For me, my lasses are all grown up but I do recall when I lived in fear of their prying hands... Tongue