Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July
(21-Jun-2016, 19:31)PhilP Wrote:
(21-Jun-2016, 19:15)wiresandmore Wrote: When I was a student at Oxford there was a direct and regular bus service from Heathrow to Oxford - which would stop very close to Oxford Audio - might be worth checking out

Oxford bus company - I think they run every 30 minutes

http://airline.oxfordbus.co.uk/heathrow/

Tis true, I didn't think about that, and Oxford bus station is indeed very close to OAC.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Hi Steve,

I doubt that we will have the 1000+ on the Thursday, we will have a demo unit from Devialet for the launch and ours will arrive the following week. There should be enough people witnessing to let you know if the new (HW6.0) bits offer a significant improvement. We should be able to have Jon's Od'A (HW5.5) set up too for reference.

Pim,
I have heard a few things but I honestly don't know what i am allowed to divulge yet! I expect that details (of all) of the new boards will leak either on or shortly before the 13th. The competition has changed somewhat in the last 3 years and in order to remain on top, Devialet are making a LOT of changes to the platform. I think that this will be a big year for Devialet, they have made some large technical advances on the Phantom ADH ASIC (especially with the new DAC) and there are some big improvements coming to Expert. I have been stunned by the lack of colouration, dryness of bass and transparency since first hearing the D-Prem/Sasha combination a few years ago and firmly believe that they are without peer amongst amplifier brands. This update should ensure that they can compete on a functionality basis with brands like Linn/Naim whilst still bettering Krell/Constellation on a sound quality front.

Like I said, big year ahead. Will everyone own a Devialet someday? Watch this space!
Hi Alasdair,

A question you might be able to answer; the 1000 can obviously be split in half. What output can we expect from half a 1000? I don't think anyone here has ever understood how a double 200 can deliver 400W but a double 250 goes to 800W.

Thanks,

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Can some of you that will atend this launch please start a new thread with the questions and answers you get from Devialet about the new PRO and the upgrade of the existing Expert models.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Looking forward to some feedback soon. Hopefully, not all stunned into silence (with good reasons).
They have some photos on their Twitter feed.....
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

Haven't seen that. The listening impressions would be more interesting though. Od'A quality to the hoi polloi ...?
(13-Jul-2016, 16:35)nicoludio Wrote: Haven't steen that. The listening impressions would be more interesting though.  Od'A quality to the hoi polloi ...?

They do mention that the sound from the D1000 is utterly jaw-dropping Big Grin 

Now all we need is to get the questions about the upgrade, streamerboard and prices answered  Huh

Second system

So, according to John Darko, the O d'A sounded astonishing and the 1000Pro sounds utterly jaw dropping. I guess unless you have a way to translate these words into a numbered scale, there's no telling what the difference is.

So we'll just have to wait a day for those lucky enough to be at the event to tell us.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Oi, Pim, are you taking the Mickey Bliss there?? Anyway, I listened to a 1000 Pro today, along with a few others. Coming from a D800, I was not astonished and my jaw remained in place. It did sound very good though! The thing is, I'm used to hearing a Devialet with the KEF Blade. Today's demo was with Wilson Audio Sasha II's, furthermore, the big demo room at Oxford Audio has been revamped, and it would appear the room has improved acoustically. Also, I was not familiar with most of the music played today. I have heard the Sasha's a few times before, and they were certainly sounding good today. OK, a lot of waffle from me, but what I am saying is I am not in a position to advise exactly how good the 1000 Pro is, to do that I'd need the reference of my own speakers and music.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12