Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet bottom foot fell off !
To my surprise, one of the rubber feet from the bottom case detached itself when I lifted up my Devialet 120 yesterday to change the placement on my audio stand.There seems to be a clip like pins but I cannot get them to snap back into place. I am feeling somewhat underwhelmed with this. I do not think a part from a $7000 piece of gear should fall off or detach itself so easily.

Anyone else have this happen to them ? I will try contacting Devialet directly and also reaching out to my local dealer to see if the Canadian distributor has a solution.
Naim NAC-N 272 ➣ Naim XPSDR ➣ Naim NAP 200DR  ➣ Kudos Super 10 ➣ Siltech Explorer 90L  (Montreal, CA)
Had the same prob. Warranty - but had not to be been
(31-May-2015, 18:06)ghosttipper Wrote: Had the same prob. Warranty - but had not to be been

Hi,

Can you clarify what you mean by "but had not to be been" ?
Did Devialet replace the bottom case ?
Naim NAC-N 272 ➣ Naim XPSDR ➣ Naim NAP 200DR  ➣ Kudos Super 10 ➣ Siltech Explorer 90L  (Montreal, CA)
I was a little disapointed about that. Devialet or the german distributor replace it by warranty so far.
Happened to me as well on my D200 which sits in a built-in wall unit, hence all cables must be connected / dis-connected from the front as you cannot gain access to the rear from behind.
I used to slide the D200 a bit sideways to aid in connecting cables, but it seems that the D's feet do not like this.
All was fixed under warranty here in Australia.
Now when I move the D I make sure that I lift it up and place it down in the new position without any sliding.
D200, Magico S1's, Antipodes DX
Good to know I am not the only one !! I actually brought the unit back to the Plurison, the Canadian distributor today after having it first inspected and authorised by my dealer. Seeing it was only a 20 minute drive, it was more convenient for me to drop off the unit and try to explain the issue of the foot and more importantly, some uneven/darker markings on the top case. The foot will be replaced and fix, which is good news. As for the slight discolouration on the top case, I will hopefully get an update next week.

I had mine sitting on a flat surface and picked it straight up when I noticed that one of the feet was still stuck to the tablet. Will probably try to put some cones or raise it a little, if possible.
See:

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=398
Thanks for this. I heard something move around the inside of the unit when packing it up. According to the distributor, this seems like a common issue and they have spare parts on hand. However, I am only getting a new foot installed. Will probably try some Vibrapods as well or other solution. I am more concerned with what they have to say about the darker markings on the top case. Maybe they'll take an orbital polisher to it !
Must be the time of the month. Went to clean my rack this evening and needed to move my 120. Result, one foot left behind and the clip rattling around inside the 120 somewhere. Checked this thread (thanks) and found out the clip is just plastic so i've stuck the foot back on for now and will leave removing the baseplate to find the errant clip for another day.

James

Melco N1A > Meicord Opal > Devialet 220 Pro > Mogami 2972 > Shahinian Compass
3 of my feet snapped off and I now have broken bits of plastic rattling around inside. My D200 was one of the first units (purchased August 2013). Does anyone know if they have improved the design of the feet?