Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet can now repair Phantoms, it seems..
I found this interesting text on Devialet's web, advertising refurbished Silver Phantoms:

Each Refurbished Phantom undergoes a series of tests and extreme controls to ensure the highest quality and performance, identical to the new products. When the quality is not up to the requirements, Phantom is disassembled and reassembled on the same production line as the new Phantoms.

So it seems Devialet finally developed a method for repairing Phantoms. Hopefully this is less costly than being offered a new unit at reduced price if you need repair outside of warranty. Does anybody know more about this?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(30-Nov-2019, 21:13)ogs Wrote: I found this interesting text on Devialet's web, advertising refurbished Silver Phantoms:

Each Refurbished Phantom undergoes a series of tests and extreme controls to ensure the highest quality and performance, identical to the new products. When the quality is not up to the requirements, Phantom is disassembled and reassembled on the same production line as the new Phantoms.

So it seems Devialet finally developed a method for repairing Phantoms. Hopefully this is less costly than being offered a new unit at reduced price if you need repair outside of warranty. Does anybody know more about this?
As I recollect, a fellow member has disassembled the speakers without too much trouble. The center cones of the woofers have to be removed and some nuts under the cones and under the side plates must be removed. Then the speaker is disassembled. Why Devialet doesn't provide a repair service is strange. I would guess it's purely an economical matter, not practical.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Devialet Sell refurbished Silver Phantoms. They don’t specify if they have just been cleaned up and resold or disassembled and rebuilt but for a period of time they were accepting back damaged Phantom in exchange for an upgrade to the next model up. Or a flat exchange rate for any damaged Phantom. In-fact I had mine damaged once (the woofers were completely destroyed) and Devialet took it back and replaced it with a brand new Airplay model for free. So for a time they were definitely looking at rebuilding old Phantom and I read that around that time those old units were what they were using to R&D methods of repair and rebuilding.

Also, is there any video or photos of this disassembly that the other user completed? That would be interesting to see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
(01-Dec-2019, 14:21)kmjy Wrote: Devialet Sell refurbished Silver Phantoms. They don’t specify if they have just been cleaned up and resold or disassembled and rebuilt but for a period of time they were accepting back damaged Phantom in exchange for an upgrade to the next model up. Or a flat exchange rate for any damaged Phantom. In-fact I had mine damaged once (the woofers were completely destroyed) and Devialet took it back and replaced it with a brand new Airplay model for free. So for a time they were definitely looking at rebuilding old Phantom and I read that around that time those old units were what they were using to R&D methods of repair and rebuilding.

Also, is there any video or photos of this disassembly that the other user completed? That would be interesting to see!

Dropped one of my Golds, and I think was quoted around $1575 to both ship mine back and in return receive a "refurb" Gold which per them was cosmetically 'like new' condition and couldn't tell from new. This was a few months back and they told me the offer is good for anytime...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk