Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet connection?
Can you access your Wireless network from where your devialet is? I mean can you connect to internet via your laptop on the top floor?

By the way, Vista will not give you a nice sound so in your case I would strongly recommend either upgrading your system to Windows 8.1 or buying a MacBook.
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
(30-Jul-2014, 06:57)Kunter Wrote: Can you access your Wireless network from where your devialet is? I mean can you connect to internet via your laptop on the top floor?

By the way, Vista will not give you a nice sound so in your case I would strongly recommend either upgrading your system to Windows 8.1 or buying a MacBook.

Yes I can access the wireless network where the Devialet is.
İ would recommend you to get an Apple airport extreme, connect both your laptop and devialet physically to it, and configure it to extend your wireless network.

Or more simply, either with tha Apple or any other router with at least 2 ethernet connections, create an isolated network on your top floor and run everything locally.
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
(30-Jul-2014, 13:32)Kunter Wrote: İ would recommend you to get an Apple airport extreme, connect both your laptop and devialet physically to it, and configure it to extend your wireless network.

Or more simply, either with tha Apple or any other router with at least 2 ethernet connections, create an isolated network on your top floor and run everything locally.

I could do that if I had the funds to but I don't so maybe USB or wireless is the way to go?
(30-Jul-2014, 19:00)Darrenmc Wrote:
(30-Jul-2014, 13:32)Kunter Wrote: İ would recommend you to get an Apple airport extreme, connect both your laptop and devialet physically to it, and configure it to extend your wireless network.

I could do that if I had the funds to but I don't so maybe USB or wireless is the way to go?

I guess wireless will be the best bet in this case, if you have sufficient signal from your router at Devialet.

If not, USB.

BUT, Vista is NOT GOOD on sound quality so dont expect too much until you change that variable in the equation...
Istanbul, Turkey
Wireless works perfectly for me on my iMac using the default settings on the Devialet and setting my wifi box to be on a channel no other wifi in range is using. I used iStumbler to check the local airwaves then selected a channel nobody else was using.
Also, all Android phones need banning and the signal strength needs to be good, mine is -50dB just now.
Can't make any comment about Ethernet or USB since I haven't tried them.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

As well as iStumbler, which is free, you can try inSSIDer, which costs little, and IMO gives a nicer pictorial display than iStumbler though much the same information.

In my opinion, the two AIR routes, wifi and ethernet, subject to Frank's proviso, are indistinguishable provided the signal strength is good. The convenience of the wifi route may be outweighed by the frequency of dropouts if signal strength is marginal.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England