Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet - direct NAS connection
Question is : Is the Mutec better than AES/EBU ? is it possible to measure the gap in between ? not as a scientist of course Smile but for a common ear
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
(27-Sep-2016, 17:25)jfp Wrote: Question is : Is the Mutec better than AES/EBU ? is it possible to measure the gap in between ? not as a scientist of course Smile but for a common ear

As it is the Mutec which converts USB to AES/EBU, and I don't know of any other hardware that can do this, I don't think we can answer your question!  Smile
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
right Axel as I did not understand that Mutec had to be plugged into AES D input Smile

Another question is the NAS reading speed. My QNAP 119 Turbo is 6 years old and works perfectly (44 khz or 192/24).
But it reads and write around 19 MO/S only.
A QNAP 251C for instance has 112 MB/s read & write speeds.

For audio use have you noticed an interest and difference with current NAS with their speed reading capacity ?
(27-Sep-2016, 21:01)jfp Wrote: right Axel as I did not understand that Mutec had to be plugged into AES D input Smile

Another question is the NAS reading speed. My QNAP 119 Turbo is 6 years old and works perfectly (44 khz or 192/24).

For audio use have you noticed an interest and difference with current NAS with their speed reading capacity ?

You don't have to use the AES/EBU output from the Mutec as it also has optical and coaxial S/PDIF outputs.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(26-Jul-2016, 07:26)cuco Wrote: I am also very unhappy to see this massive upgrade costs. I bought my unit after christmas last year. And now there is a big upgrade that cost more then half the price i paid. I feel like they are kidding me?!
My main interest is the streamer. But we need this hardware upgrade to be compatible. right?
Will the streamer cost extra money? or do we get it free when we upgrade now?
They should offer the 200 owners to upgrade to a new 250pro this would be a nice deal. then they can to with our old 200 whatever they like... but this is the worst deal ever.

(27-Sep-2016, 21:01)jfp Wrote: right Axel as I did not understand that Mutec had to be plugged into AES D input Smile

How is your QNAP 119 connected and which program do you use? QNAP don`t provide a program for playing. Only for the big NAS drives. But maybe i`m wrong..
The 119 does not play anything. The Moon Mind reads the music.
Only some Qnap drives has the HD STATION 3 able to get J RIVER and read the files directly from the NAS through USB
something new and expected to be excellent. I wonder if it is as good as the Micro Rendu ? less expensive !
http://www.audiophonics.fr/fr/appareils-...11412.html

what about the USB input on the devialet. Has it a galvanic isolation already ?
(04-Oct-2016, 09:49)jfp Wrote: something new and expected to be excellent. I wonder if it is as good as the Micro Rendu ? less expensive !

Looks interesting, but you can't compare it to the MicroRendu as it has completely different functionality. My French isn't very good, but I can see that it has galvanic isolation. Does it re-clock the signal? If not, you may be better off going for the Intona USB isolator, which provides galvanic isolation and reclocks the signal. I used to have one before I bought the Mutec MC-3+ USB and it gave an easily audible improvement to the sound quality. One advantage of the Audiophonics unit is that it has a S/Pdif output which, IMO, is better sounding than the USB input on the Devialet.
South Coast England
(04-Oct-2016, 09:49)jfp Wrote: something new and expected to be excellent. I wonder if it is as good as the Micro Rendu ? less expensive !

Looking at the circuit board image, this looks very much like a rebranded Singxer F-1, which seems to be one of the flavours of the month (see headfi) so probably not a bad bet.

http://www.shenzhenaudio.com/singxer-f-1...rsion.html

The microrendu doesn't have USB galvanic isolation btw - just standard Ethernet connection GI. There's also a lot less inside the rendu, certainly no high-end clocks I could see anywhere, which surprised me a bit....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

yes that's it I confused with INTONA. Yes the SPIDF should be better and as you know you can have a SPDIF/AES EBU cable too.
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...-by-myself