Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet does not stand behind their products
No, thought I would skip that one....

Of course and I don't care how he dresses it up, he got a free damaged one then expects to get it replaced for nothing out of warranty.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Seems to me that we should remember that reasonable minds should be able to disagree reasonably. 

Jascer merely stated that he thinks paying 65% for new/refurbished phantom is unreasonable while obviously Devialet thinks to the contrary.  I do not know enough of the facts to know which side is more reasonable.   In general though, I tend to agree with Jascer in that I find the inability to do “reasonable repairs” irritating.  

I have the same issue when dealing with cars.  For example, changing a headlamp in a Jeep is a piece of cake while in newer BMW extremely frustrating and probably worth the expense in time and frustration saved.  

As such, it would irritate me if I knew that the repair was a quick fix for Devialet such that they were able to get the speaker back on the market for a decent profit after I paid for a refurbished speaker and giving them a speaker to be potentially refurbished.

In contrast, if the speaker’s defect was beyond repair and I if I were allowed to keep the speaker, then I would be impressed by Devialet’s service if they sold me a new speaker with a warranty at more than 1/3rd off.   

The one thing I am fairly certain of is that I think a request to take the speaker off of Jascer’s hands for the cost of shipping  (or less if we’re ended up being neighbors) would be deemed unreasonable by most people if Devialet extended the offer to Jascer to me.
(20-Dec-2018, 23:07)Ok NickB Wrote: No, thought I would skip that one....

Of course and I don't care how he dresses it up, he got a free damaged one then expects to get it replaced for nothing out of warranty.

One of us isn’t reading properly. Not sure he mentioned expecting a free replacement at any point?

The inability to get a repair at a reasonable cost is what seems to be the understandable gripe 

I guess sometimes equipment does go boom, and is beyond economical repair, but generally that’s rare. 

But for any Phantom fault or damage whatsoever to be beyond economical repair seems pretty short sighted

Not that it stops people like me in trusting I won’t be left with a £5k pair of ornamental space eggs in a few years time Smile