Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet elevate /upgrade program.
I was hoping to find answers to these questions on Devialet’s website but I couldn’t. Any information will be appreciated.

1. If I have a dented but functional phantom silver, can I trade it in for the latest phantom?. Does the condition of my speaker determine how much discount I get or damaged speakers are not accepted at all. The return process doesn’t seem to ask about the conditions of my trade in speaker

2. Suppose devialet doesn’t accept damaged phantoms for trade in, and I have already shipped it, what happens? I read that devialet wont return any trade in speakers. Do I get the full discount stated on the website toward my purchase ?

2. Does the new speaker come with a trial period? Can you return it? If so, what happens when you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi
Devialet would be able to confirm all your questions to be sure, but I think that the elevate programme they offer will take speakers in any condition. You arrange (and pay) before you ship to them so you would know before you sent anything. They send you an empty box to return them in with all the paperwork and labels to print. I just did it for exchanging two classics for two golds. Overall was a 2 week process to the UK for me. You get 2 year warranty with new ones. I don’t think you get a trail period though. You definitely can’t get olds back through the elevate programme.

If you go on their website I think you test whether they accept yours
Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@Kyei09
1. As long as it is possible to choose the upgrade option from the Devialet website, it's OK. I've returned three really banged up speakers, they didn't work at all.

As for the other questions, I don't know. I believe the only reason they will refuse a speaker is if the serial number doesn't match the one registered at their website.

Here's a couple of pictures of how banged up my elevate speakers were. The internals were shot in one of them too. 

Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(16-Oct-2021, 09:23)ragwo Wrote: @Kyei09
1. As long as it is possible to choose the upgrade option from the Devialet website, it's OK. I've returned three really banged up speakers, they didn't work at all.

As for the other questions, I don't know. I believe the only reason they will refuse a speaker is if the serial number doesn't match the one registered at their website.

Here's a couple of pictures of how banged up my elevate speakers were. The internals were shot in one of them too. 
Thank you for the response. That is interesting because I got in touch with customer support and they asked for pictures of the speaker. I sent some pictures and they said it will not be accepted. But my speaket as compared to the pictures you added, are in better shape but it was rejected. 
I have attached some pictures

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

@Kyei09
That's really strange. I did contact Devialet support and got the opposite answer. "Your Phantom does not need to be functional for you to benefit from the Elevate Program." You should contact Devialet support again. As long as they don't mention anything about the trade in speaker's condition in their terms and conditions you should be able to Elevate your speakers.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(16-Oct-2021, 17:08)ragwo Wrote: @Kyei09
That's really strange. I did contact Devialet support and got the opposite answer. "Your Phantom does not need to be functional for you to benefit from the Elevate Program." You should contact Devialet support again. As long as they don't mention anything about the trade in speaker's condition in their terms and conditions you should be able to Elevate your speakers.

I agree. I’ll contact them again and see what happens. It is probably the agent I spoke with, a different agent might have a different answer.