Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CI Upgrades in US wrapping up in March
Folks, I just heard that Devialet will be wrapping up their US-based CI upgrades the end of this month (March 2018).   After that, US-based Expert Pros will need to be shipped to France for the upgrade.

So... if you're in the US and have been holding out on the upgrade, you might want to get it done now.   My understanding is that Devialet will certainly continue to support upgrades for US owners after the end of the month, but it will take longer due to being shipped to France.

I heard this today because I have two 220 Pros and was planning to upgrade them one at a time.   I got the shipping label for the first today and fortunately, the Devialet person handling it was kind enough to let me know when I told him I was planning to hold off on upgrading the 2nd one so as to be able to compare them.   That's now not going to happen since I have now initiated the CI upgrade request for the 2nd as well.  While I would have rather had the opportunity to upgrade them separately, the thought of having to ship the 2nd to France - and associated delays - made me rethink it.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(21-Mar-2018, 15:44)mdconnelly Wrote: Folks, I just heard that Devialet will be wrapping up their US-based CI upgrades the end of this month (March 2018).   After that, US-based Expert Pros will need to be shipped to France for the upgrade.

So... if you're in the US and have been holding out on the upgrade, you might want to get it done now.   My understanding is that Devialet will certainly continue to support upgrades for US owners after the end of the month, but it will take longer due to being shipped to France.

I heard this today because I have two 220 Pros and was planning to upgrade them one at a time.   I got the shipping label for the first today and fortunately, the Devialet person handling it was kind enough to let me know when I told him I was planning to hold off on upgrading the 2nd one so as to be able to compare them.   That's now not going to happen since I have now initiated the CI upgrade request for the 2nd as well.  While I would have rather had the opportunity to upgrade them separately, the thought of having to ship the 2nd to France - and associated delays - made me rethink it.

Thanks for heads up! Looks like i have to send my unit to France anyway....decided to go ahead with CI and needed a serial number for them to re register, after my first attempt to turn 250 PRO on nothing happened...the unit doesn't show any signs of life! So basically i had a shiny box in my basement Smile
Thanks for the heads up, but we're getting conflicting information from Devialet (as usual). I called Devialet US and they said that the US upgrades are not ending. I specifically asked if the upgrades in the future will be done in the US or France and they said US.
(30-Mar-2018, 18:01)deviousalet Wrote: Thanks for the heads up, but we're getting conflicting information from Devialet (as usual). I called Devialet US and they said that the US upgrades are not ending. I specifically asked if the upgrades in the future will be done in the US or France and they said US.

Hah!  I guess I shouldn't be surprised.   I got my info from someone who works for Devialet in handling the CI upgrade logistics.   It could very well be he was misinformed or, perhaps, Devialet has changed their mind.   If you are in the US and haven't done the upgrade yet, it would be wise to first inquire as to where your Expert Pro will be sent for the upgrade.   Nothing really wrong with it being sent to France if that is the case, but it would undoubtedly take longer.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I still haven't read anything on the CI feature list I actually care about.

Streaming from Roon works great for me, as is.

Phono stage works great.

Unless it has an on-the-fly configuration web server UI, I don't see what I'm missing...
(01-Apr-2018, 23:40)watchnerd Wrote: I still haven't read anything on the CI feature list I actually care about.

Phono stage works great.

Unless it has an on-the-fly configuration web server UI, I don't see what I'm missing...

Been told this is on the cards, but when .........
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(02-Apr-2018, 00:46)Celts88 Wrote:
(01-Apr-2018, 23:40)watchnerd Wrote: I still haven't read anything on the CI feature list I actually care about.

Phono stage works great.

Probably shortly after they release a new iOS App, add convolution, and actually release a working non-beta firmware with all the promised features....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(02-Apr-2018, 14:04)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(02-Apr-2018, 00:46)Celts88 Wrote:

Phono stage works great.

Probably shortly after they release a new iOS App, add convolution, and actually release a working non-beta firmware with all the promised features....

Shouldn't be long then  Rolleyes
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)