Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet has raised 100M Euros!
https://techcrunch.com/2016/11/28/high-e...-and-more/

"This is where the list of strategic investors will come into play. The plan is to embed Devialet’s audio tech in TVs made by Sharp, cars made by Renault, music services (think Jay Z’s Tidal or Naver’s Line Music), smartphones, and the many more devices that complement and compete with these. If they pull it off, it will democratise Devialet’s technology beyond its own high-end, expensive speakers, and make hearing it much more ubiquitous."

So there we have it, one day everyone will own a Devialet!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I hope that they will bring us the streaming board and some OS innovations before priorities are moving where the money is... High-end audio is a play ground, mass consumer production and sell the IP is where the money is.
(29-Nov-2016, 15:10)Xander Wrote: I hope that they will bring us the streaming board and some OS innovations before priorities are moving where the money is... High-end audio is a play ground, mass consumer production and sell the IP is where the money is.

This is All going according Their plans. For us it is ok because it means company will survive and we will  have our 5 years warranty validWink

Some time ago some pople from Devialet informed that They want to enhance mass market ideas and słower High-End gear..
I hope they use some of that money to figure out how to get boxes and labels from France to the US. . .
"Devialet is best known today for two speakers that it has produced (both made in France): the Expert, which retails for multiple thousands of dollars; and the Phantom, a smaller device that sells for around a more “modest” $2,000."

I tried but my Expert does not produce any sound.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
(04-Dec-2016, 04:54)tategoi Wrote: "Devialet is best known today for two speakers that it has produced (both made in France): the Expert, which retails for multiple thousands of dollars; and the Phantom, a smaller device that sells for around a more “modest” $2,000."

I tried but my Expert does not produce any sound.

It doesn't do 'clonk' when you drop it? Maybe you're not trying hard enough  Tongue Maybe the 'journalist' should do their research before they write something. It's a joke what you find on the net nowadays. it's hard to know what to believe.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
A 100.000.000€...

Why would Devialet need so much money? Think of all the dependencies/supjections a company is undergoing with so much money loaned.

So finally as we say in Germany 'Die Katze ist aus dem Sack'. It's all ONLY about money for them Confused .

For me it seems to be that there is a handfull of highend loving engineers held in cages to make money out of their ideas.
The rest is just public relation (but please not personal) and keep the Euro rollin'.

I think we can be glad to have a D/D pro. Perhaps buy one to have in stock and don't care for the future  Big Grin

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
...just being nuts...

'The Phantoms, everyones 'Audio-HAL' for the future and next you get your monolith for free if buying Phantoms in pairs. Submissive information over the net as everybody owns a Devialet sometime in the future. NWO in progress'...sorry 'duck', have to take my pills   Big Grin

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
Here is another article on the same topic:

http://variety.com/2016/digital/news/jay...201928151/

"However, the speaker is based on custom-designed chipsets that could potentially power much less expensive products, including TV sets, mobile phones and car stereo systems. 'It could be an affordable technology,' said Sannié"

Great, soon we will be in the same league as Beats Audio. No wonder they have designed the Phantom with a focus on a hard hitting and powerful bass because this is what most inexperienced listeners think is "a great sound".
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -