Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet headset !!!
Devialet is launching a pair or BT headset called Gemini, priced at 299€, but does not look to have any outstanding features...

[Image: c28376a_451328216-devialet-beautyshots-p7-1-image3.jpg]
[Image: 5b48fcb_787685842-devialet-017-ombre.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2 x Phantom I 108db Dark Chrome in Direct Optical Mode to a Sonos Connect
Sonos Arc + Sub + 2 x Play:1
Sonos Playbar
4 Sonos zones of 2xPlay:1
https://www.whathifi.com/amp/news/devial...A9u6pIYivk
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

Bluetooth is lossy! Besides, I would never wear any wireless things near my head! No voluntary brain radiation here.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Surprised they didn't release a Bluetooth feature in the new firmware update so you could connect the new earbuds to the Expert. Would this be even possible do you think?
Roksan TMS3 - Vertere arm and motor drive - Dynavector XV1 - Devialet 440 pro - AQ NRG Z3 power cables - Sonictransport i5 - AQ Diamond - etherRegen - isoacoustic Oreas -  Sonus Faber Olympica 3s
(14-Oct-2020, 13:02)NickTMS Wrote: Surprised they didn't release a Bluetooth feature in the new firmware update so you could connect the new earbuds to the Expert. Would this be even possible do you think?

I think it would be possible, but would it make sense?

The geminis contain their own DAC and amplifier, so what would be used from the Expert?
Since you need a computer or a phone somewhere in the picture it would be easier to connect directly to it rather than the expert where most the interesting functions (DAC and ADH amplifier) would just sit idle. 

My two cents,

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Good point Jean-Marie!
Roksan TMS3 - Vertere arm and motor drive - Dynavector XV1 - Devialet 440 pro - AQ NRG Z3 power cables - Sonictransport i5 - AQ Diamond - etherRegen - isoacoustic Oreas -  Sonus Faber Olympica 3s
(14-Oct-2020, 20:00)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(14-Oct-2020, 13:02)NickTMS Wrote: Surprised they didn't release a Bluetooth feature in the new firmware update so you could connect the new earbuds to the Expert. Would this be even possible do you think?

The geminis contain their own DAC and amplifier, so what would be used from the Expert?
Since you need a computer or a phone somewhere in the picture it would be easier to connect directly to it rather than the expert where most the interesting functions (DAC and ADH amplifier) would just sit idle. 

My two cents,

Jean-Marie

We have our tv connected to the Expert if you could Bluetooth the sound to ear buds you could listen in silence. I don’t think tv’s have Bluetooth output
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(09-Oct-2020, 09:28)denis Wrote: Devialet is launching a pair or BT headset called Gemini, priced at 299€, but does not look to have any outstanding features...

[Image: c28376a_451328216-devialet-beautyshots-p7-1-image3.jpg]
[Image: 5b48fcb_787685842-devialet-017-ombre.jpg]

No outstanding features? 

The dynamic adjustment to the ear alone could be revolutionary.

Specwise they are super appealing and extremely ambitious.

I’ll probably get a pair.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
(14-Oct-2020, 22:10)Pim Wrote:
(14-Oct-2020, 20:00)Jean-Marie Wrote:

My two cents,

Jean-Marie

We have our tv connected to the Expert if you could Bluetooth the sound to ear buds you could listen in silence. I don’t think tv’s have Bluetooth output
Indeed, this is a use case I did not think of.

However most TVs have Bluetooth in addition to WiFi and Ethernet. It is becoming increasingly difficult to find sets that are not “connected”. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(15-Oct-2020, 07:07)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(14-Oct-2020, 22:10)Pim Wrote:
(14-Oct-2020, 20:00)Jean-Marie Wrote: I think it would be possible, but would it make sense?

My two cents,

Jean-Marie

Indeed, this is a use case I did not think of.

However most TVs have Bluetooth in addition to WiFi and Ethernet. It is becoming increasingly difficult to find sets that are not “connected”. 

Jean-Marie

I just googled it and yes, most new TVs have Bluetooth output. Mine doesn't though but I have a very cheap TV. I think it was advertised as 'semi-intelligent', not 'smart'.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.