Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Devialet in Japan?
(04-Nov-2016, 12:31)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(03-Nov-2016, 16:06)tategoi Wrote: Heard from the grapevine that Devialet offended the big distributor in Japan and now no one else dares to take up the distributorship.

A few dealers that I spoke to in and around London that dropped the brand, basically said Devialet became impossible to stock around the time of the Phantom launch. Allegedly they went 'a bit Apple' and if you weren't prepared to devote a large portion of your store to Phantom, as well as agree sales targets, then you couldn't do experts either. No idea how much truth there was to it - but they were definitely quite pi**ed off with Devialet.

My dealer here in Sweden told me the same thing, he has dropped Phantom and will only sell Experts if I got it right.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Maybe things have changed. I'm pretty sure what they were saying back then was if you didn't agree to their Phantom terms, you couldn't stock Experts either. Hence they dropped the brand altogether.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

There were two Japanese distributors, one after an other. I went to three high-end shows in Tokyo where they demo-ed Devialet with Vivid speakers (the large ones), every time brilliant, one of the best sounds and interest was high. It was not the Devialet who 'dropped' the Japanese market, but Japanese have a different approach to long term working relationship, reliability, predictability and trust. I don't think I need to elaborate on what went wrong...
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500