Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Devialet instagram post on 24th December about a midnight update
Hi all

What is this Devialet Instagram post about?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJLvQ3-IDqy/

Midnight has passed... so hopefully someone knows ?
Let me guess what will not update :
1. Tidal connect
2. Roon certified
3. Equalizer
(26-Dec-2020, 11:24)eladeb Wrote: Let me guess what will not update :
1. Tidal connect
2. Roon certified
3. Equalizer

LOL. Those 3 plus Airplay 2 support, are the 4 things I really want.
I’d say there’s a very high chance we’ll finally see 2. and 4. in the coming weeks. Actually, I’m absolutely sure about it.
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
Which midnight ? Mid-summer 2022 ?

I just would not be Devialet, if they wouldn't botched it...
Magic comes in January.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I believe they did the same thing a couple of years ago? A teaser on Xmas eve and a release in the middle of January? Or was it June? Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next big thing, whenever it is released.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I don't know if there is a connection but I've been on the Devialet site and in the UK at least there are no Phantom Premiers, Classic, Gold or Opera in stock?

I've just looked at the US, Canada, and French sites and they are out of stock too. I wonder if a new model is coming?

Kantblue
(26-Dec-2020, 15:03)kantblue Wrote: I don't know if there is a connection but I've been on the Devialet site and in the UK at least there are no Phantom Premiers, Classic, Gold or Opera in stock?

I've just looked at the US, Canada, and French sites and they are out of stock too. I wonder if a new model is coming?

Kantblue
Noticed the same thing myself. If there's an upgraded Phantom coming, I hope it's not way better than the Gold. It would trigger my upgradius nevrosa in the worst possible way.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Hi Ragwo
Experience has taught me to be a bit wary of new Devialet products - so much so that I no longer suffer from upgradeitis with their systems.

I will be really annoyed though if they bring out a new product without at least fixing the software/hardware glitches that still plague many users, not to mention the promises of new features - Airplay 2 etc.

It looks like some users are experiencing problems with the new Gemini earbuds so I am not rushing to purchase these either.

I like the phrase 'upgradius nevrosa' - stay strong and resist (or don't) Smile

kantblue