Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet not recognised on Audirvana or Airfoil
(26-Jan-2022, 23:24)intrigued Wrote: UPDATE to this horrible saga of two Devialet Phantom I speakers which simply do not want to connect to either AirPlay or Bluetooth and play my music.

I've been trying a couple of servers on my NAS (MinimServer and Serviio) to see if they make any difference in how the Phantoms play back on uPnP... seems that I was just wasting my time.  If anything, since the upgrade to new firmware yesterday (2.14.4), things have got worse... much worse.

I'm now in the situation of not being able to use the two-speaker system at all as it's just not being recognised.

Someone from Devialet Support suggested that he call me on Monday - he never did, choosing to suggest the 'remedy' of putting both speakers on 5GHz instead of the router's default of 2.4GHz.  This didn't work, and I spent two or three hours trying other ideas that I myself came up with.

None worked (of course) so, after spending a ridiculous number of hours attempting to get music from the Devialets I finally gave up and resorted to my tried & trusty SONOS system which has never, ever failed me.

What a waste of money & time (especially time). The hours I have devoted to remedying the Phantoms have now become incalculable; I seem to have spent more of the past seven days since I acquired them, trying to solve problem after problem after problem. Ye gods... I should have just stuck to my Bang & Olufsen and SONOS systems.

Oh dear, from bad to worse. Have you tried factory resetting them? Press and hold the power button on the back of each unit for at least 10 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the suggestion re: UPnP Analyzer, struts. I shall look for that tomorrow (just stepped in).
" I like the simple things in life... nothing complicated.  Unfortunately, as I get older, everything seems to become more arduous, convoluted & certainly much more problematic " : (Source: me, 2022)
Good news and bad news following a wonderful conversation with Lucas from Customer Support. Je vous remercie, Lucas... c'était un vrai plaisir en parlant avec vous cet après-midi.

I learned a lot from Lucas... he was very patient with me ( well, I am a geriatric, after all ! )

We got Bluetooth working ( the connection wasn't working before we talked ) so now I can play back music via Bluetooth, and so far ( fingers crossed ), it's working very well. And in stereo, too !

The bad news is that AirPlay won't work on these speakers that I have ( Phantom I Light Chrome )... but at least I now have Bluetooth up & running. I never did ask Lucas why AirPlay won't work on them, even though I have a Dialog connected.

And the even better news is that tomorrow I collect a BlueSound Node so that I can get everything working on the speakers when I connect it to the speakers via Toslink. That's the theory, anyway !
" I like the simple things in life... nothing complicated.  Unfortunately, as I get older, everything seems to become more arduous, convoluted & certainly much more problematic " : (Source: me, 2022)
(27-Jan-2022, 23:05)intrigued Wrote: Thanks for the suggestion re: UPnP Analyzer, struts. I shall look for that tomorrow (just stepped in).

One more thing, I don’t think you ever said what vintage your speakers are. Did you buy them new or second hand? What are the serial numbers? (first three characters, letter and two digits)

" One more thing, I don’t think you ever said what vintage your speakers are. Did you buy them new or second hand? What are the serial numbers? (first three characters, letter and two digits) "

I shall look tomorrow, Struts... my eyes have given in this evening... I'd need a telescope to look at the microscopic serial numbers.

( Sorry... I didn't know how to add your 'quote' in with this reply so I've had to cut & paste ).
I feel your pain. But you will find the serial numbers in the app - just press on the cogwheel and then My Products - and the shipping cartons (if you still have the original ones).

Yep... I have all the cartons, and all in pristine condition.

Just had a look at the serials: J08 and J26

I think that's all you need?  My guess it that they are both 2016 models, weeks 8 and 26 ?

I also set up a BlueSound Node this morning... what a difference that has made.  I now have AirPlay to both Phantoms AND beautiful music playing through TOSLINK. The Node worked immediately I plugged it in.  And great to see the two Phantom Is in my Audirvana and Airfoil list, finally.

I also want to make it very clear that my Phantoms were not (as I had thought) functioning properly, and it was not the fault of Devialet.  It was through Lucas' wonderful help in Customer Service yesterday that I realised that:

a) the two Phantoms were never set up for Airplay, and:
b) it was my stupid fault in that when I clicked three times on the rear buttons to reset them, it needed more of a rapid 'click/click/click', rather than the slow and methodical '...click.../...click.../...click...' that I was doing previously.  As Lucas explained, I should have heard a triple click emanating from the Phantoms in response.  Until yesterday morning after I had 'clicked', I had previously heard nothing.

So all of this has been an educational experience for me.

I have to thank those on this site for helping & showing an interest... and most of all to Lucas in Customer Support for his patience and good-humour. Je vous remercie, Lucas.

I just LOVE my Devialet speakers now !
(28-Jan-2022, 16:42)intrigued Wrote: Yep... I have all the cartons, and all in pristine condition.

Just had a look at the serials: J08 and J26

I think that's all you need?  My guess it that they are both 2016 models, weeks 8 and 26 ?

I also set up a BlueSound Node this morning... what a difference that has made.  I now have AirPlay to both Phantoms AND beautiful music playing through TOSLINK. The Node worked immediately I plugged it in.  And great to see the two Phantom Is in my Audirvana and Airfoil list, finally.

I also want to make it very clear that my Phantoms were not (as I had thought) functioning properly, and it was not the fault of Devialet.  It was through Lucas' wonderful help in Customer Service yesterday that I realised that:

a) the two Phantoms were never set up for Airplay, and:
b) it was my stupid fault in that when I clicked three times on the rear buttons to reset them, it needed more of a rapid 'click/click/click', rather than the slow and methodical '...click.../...click.../...click...' that I was doing previously.  As Lucas explained, I should have heard a triple click emanating from the Phantoms in response.  Until yesterday morning after I had 'clicked', I had previously heard nothing.

So all of this has been an educational experience for me.

I have to thank those on this site for helping & showing an interest... and most of all to Lucas in Customer Support for his patience and good-humour. Je vous remercie, Lucas.

I just LOVE my Devialet speakers now !

Ah, great. Yes, your Phantoms do not support Airplay and never will, that came in a hardware revision sometime in the first half of 2017 if I remember correctly. But seems like you’ve solved all your problems anyway in one fell swoop. Fantastic.

Happy listening!

Is there a list, perchance, of the different Phantoms, on what they can do and can't do, together with updates/revisions? A chart, perhaps, with all the differences listed?

It'd be helpful for new buyers such as myself to be able to refer to before purchasing new items.

There may be such a chart on this forum, but as yet I've not found it.

Thanks, struts.
(29-Jan-2022, 10:23)intrigued Wrote: Is there a list, perchance, of the different Phantoms, on what they can do and can't do, together with updates/revisions? A chart, perhaps, with all the differences listed?

It'd be helpful for new buyers such as myself to be able to refer to before purchasing new items.

There may be such a chart on this forum, but as yet I've not found it.

Thanks, struts.

Haha! That would be great but there is certainly no such thing I am aware of. The information is scattered in myriad posts here and would take a fair amount of effort to collate.

However perhaps most importantly virtually none of this information has been provided by or verified by Devialet who are maddeningly secretive, ambiguous and sometimes even contradictory. Some of it has been divined (and proven) empirically by members of this forum, but most is either unattributed (caveat lector) or is hearsay, citing anonymous customer support agents or dealer representatives.

Would be a good idea though. Maybe a project for me when I retire!