Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet promised surround sound & EQ by 2016
I auditioned a pair of Silver Phantoms & Dialog at my closest U.S. dealer for 4 hours. While I was there I asked some questions which the dealer asked his Devialet representative, who responded that by the beginning of next year:
• Devialet will offer some solution to surround sound (5.1) using the Phantoms
• There will be EQ options added to the Phantom system
I asked about DSP (room correction) and they said that after they implement EQ they may work on DSP, but emphasized "may" not anything definite. So at least my dealer is pushing them to improve the Phantom for audiophile uses rather than the lifestyle audience Devialet is targeting. Here's hoping Devialet delivers on these promises.
(20-Sep-2015, 14:28)deviousalet Wrote: I auditioned a pair of Silver Phantoms & Dialog at my closest U.S. dealer for 4 hours. While I was there I asked some questions which the dealer asked his Devialet representative, who responded that by the beginning of next year:
• Devialet will offer some solution to surround sound (5.1) using the Phantoms
• There will be EQ options added to the Phantom system
I asked about DSP (room correction) and they said that after they implement EQ they may work on DSP, but emphasized "may" not anything definite. So at least my dealer is pushing them to improve the Phantom for audiophile uses rather than the lifestyle audience Devialet is targeting. Here's hoping Devialet delivers on these promises.

That is excellent news.  EQ would be great even if they don't offer room correction.
Good news indeed.

I have a musical fidelity x-tone between phono stage and Dialogue - really useful, especially for toning down bass when needed, but also rolling off treble / adding bass on sharp recordings

But am stuck with a pitiful night time button otherwise - which seems to do nothing but then most of the volume down a bit then make things go a bit fady in and outy!

I am sure they will get EQ right as they seem to be a clever bunch judging on the rest of it Smile

Just hope they go with simple bass and tilt controls rather than a full graphic equaliser