Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet's real business
http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/13/112091...sing-plans

If Devialet is in the software business, we may have a decent Spark app one day!

Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My hopes for an AIR-fix are gone now...
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
The author of the article clearly doesn't know his class A form his elbow.....
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Well, if they ended up teaming up with any U.S. tech giant, it's unlikely their software division would get worse than it is now..... Would probably be a good thing and we might get a working AiR just before they abandon high end hifi Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(13-Mar-2016, 22:58)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Well, if they ended up teaming up with any U.S. tech giant, it's unlikely their software division would get worse than it is now..... Would probably be a good thing and we might get a working AiR just before they abandon high end hifi  Wink

I don't think AIR will be on their priority list for a while if they go that way.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(13-Mar-2016, 22:48)Confused Wrote: The author of the article clearly don't know his class A form his elbow.....

With so little knowledge of what he's writing about it makes you wonder if you should believe anything the guy writes at all.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
it would be the best if devialet would be bought by apple for several reasons. apple could use their patents and technology in a variety of products and so give it to millions of customers. on the other hand devialet would get some support in a field where they still lack the most competence - software.
(23-Sep-2016, 08:04)senso Wrote: it would be the best if devialet would be bought by apple for several reasons. apple could use their patents and technology in a variety of products and so give it to millions of customers. on the other hand devialet would get some support in a field where they still lack the most competence - software.

Please no!!!!! Angry   Based on Apple's history with music and the importance they place on very many things before sound quality (think AAC), I find this thought utter horrific!

(although I do agree Apples help with Devialet's software would be most welcome.)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(23-Sep-2016, 08:04)senso Wrote: it would be the best if devialet would be bought by apple for several reasons. apple could use their patents and technology in a variety of products and so give it to millions of customers. on the other hand devialet would get some support in a field where they still lack the most competence - software.

Please..NO. 

We are an Apple product household with Macbook Pros, iPhones, iPads and even Time Capsules (and all in plural numbers) but that is only because of easy of operation from Apple. However the new direction of Apple is getting more and more clear with every new product launch (macbook having a single port and new iPhones having a single port as well). It looks like, Apple wants to ensure that everything that is consumed via their products is to be sourced via Apple umbrella only. Music via Apple Music, headphones via beats so on so forth. 

If Apple takes over Devialet, first thing they would remove is the Optical input on all the devices (they might use the equivalent word to 'courage') and get into the product cycles which will make few year old speakers obsolete. And this is just based on precedence and I am sure Apple will be much more creative!
Devialet Expert Pro CI 220 + Marantz SR7013 | Kef Reference 201/2 R200c E305 E301 (5.1.4) |
Marantz Consolette |
(13-Mar-2016, 22:37)Cylob Wrote: My hopes for an AIR-fix are gone now...

Have you tried the latest beta ?
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...ta-testing-