Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet severs ties with Apple after 'disappointing sales'
In the online Telegraph today:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2...ing-sales/

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
There is no way that Apple would market and sell Phantoms ahead of their own HomePod speakers.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
Just laying the ground for the inevitable takeover...
Hi folks,

1. A takeover, no: a merger yes; see 2. Once, it must be. Devialet is more a software company than a high end hardware builder. Now and in the future. It seems like the only who doesn't know is Devialet itself. The 3 founders and hard-ware inventors must change its business-modell: always a difficult one. Who owns the company and is in charge of what? Make or buy? What's in the businessplan? On which the Prince2 planning is based on?
The French Devialet: which businessplan? Planning?

2. From the US and now very together!: Funny, but so sad that Devialet has found the company and partner with exactly the same attitude. Last week I installed Windows 10-build 1809 on my laptop, and guess what....? It looked like Devialet: no sound from my Oppo103EU (in the study, Oppo 105D on the Devialet). A Microsoft bug. A serious one. We all hope and expect that Devialet learns from big Microsoft and solves its lack of businessplan, Marketing strategy website vs. dealers, software isues, etc. etc. by cooperating together. What happens? You don't believe it: the large Microsoft learns from Devialet and Windows 10 does not operate soundwise anymore. Conclusion: Devialet and Microsoft do have the same businessculture at this very moment. Problemwise a merger and no takeover.....

3. Just kidding of course. Let's help the new combination with ideas. Here in the Netherlands we have fast 4G internet. Compared with abroad: everywhere and fast. Now you see new companies formats: very internet and software driven. Look on wifimedia.eu for example; routers are very important nowadays. The combination of MS and Devialet together can easily roll out a new business format internationally. Or are they both "in use already"?

4. Together with Renault. The transportation business is changing fast and large. MS, Renault and Devialet technology together can change the world. Little steps first, so.....

I hope my Windows 10 - and so the Devialet - will function well again soon.
1: Atelier d'Or no.75 (1.5m. AQ RCA-XLR), Heart 2812 QuadESL.nl, Kimber 8TC, WBT, Rel StentorII, Oppo105D (surround), Vodafone Next, Quad 303.2(!Quadrepair.nl), Kef RDM1, BenQW4000i, SBooster (3x), IfiX 3x, 125 inch, Stax 507 (2x) on Stax SRM-1S, SRM D-50, all on Iso-Ac. Gaia1, 2 and 3, Kemp Isolator source and power-, Kemp QA/ SNS plugs (6x), Furutech & ALAC maincables, AQ Blizzard, Van den Hul Mainstream, Optical 8k cables, Clearaudio (Synchro+Champion2+TT3 tangential+CM Bearing+Outer Limit+StradivariV2, 530uV, 200 ohms), NUC11 i7, Samsung-980Pro, -A8, -S24Ultra, Roon Life, Netgear 108, AQ Cinnamon all, Live cable USB, AQ jitterbug 5x, WB 18TB 2x

2: 220Pro, Kef R3, Rel Studio, Oppo103EU (surround), Quad 707(mod), Kef RDM2, all on Iso Acoustics 200, Gaia 3 & 1, LG Oled55, Furutech wall outlets(3x), AQ NRG-Z3 (2m., 5x), Kemp powerstrips, Audiotool filters, Oppo HA2+PM3 + AQ cinnamon cables

1900 recorded LP's 24/192, 850 DSD 5.1 SACD (via Oppo), 4800 ripped CD's, Qubuz

Why would any high end audio company want to align themselves with the one organisation that is resolutely committed to lowest common denominator audio quality?  Apple has constantly improved its digital camera and visual display but its music service is resolutely stuck at low fidelity with no apparent intention for improvement in prospect.
I have never seen a Devialet device in one of the biggest Apple Stores in Europe. How should they sell anything from Devialet ?
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
(14-Oct-2018, 17:48)GuillaumeB Wrote: In the online Telegraph today:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2...ing-sales/

Guillaume

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

So I guess Devialet will start saying ‘they want to be Microsoft’ in all their press articles now.

In any event their problem wasn’t Apple, it was that they’re trying to sell an insanely expensive (relatively) Bluetooth speaker to an audience that didn’t really know why it cost so much. It’s really an audiophile product. They’re making the same mistake with Reactor IMO - yes it’s smaller and cheaper than a regular Phantom but not that much cheaper and you need to buy two for stereo. It will sell better than Phantom but something that sounded less good and less powerful but at half the price would have sold vastly more (as long as it was still better sounding and functioning than the closest competitors).

“Why would any high end audio company want to align themselves with the one organisation that is resolutely committed to lowest common denominator audio quality? “.

Cash - maybe chance of acquisition or sales through associated brand reputation, and an unhealthy obsession.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Yes!

Windows10 version 1809 is functioning again after several updates! Devialet also: super!
1: Atelier d'Or no.75 (1.5m. AQ RCA-XLR), Heart 2812 QuadESL.nl, Kimber 8TC, WBT, Rel StentorII, Oppo105D (surround), Vodafone Next, Quad 303.2(!Quadrepair.nl), Kef RDM1, BenQW4000i, SBooster (3x), IfiX 3x, 125 inch, Stax 507 (2x) on Stax SRM-1S, SRM D-50, all on Iso-Ac. Gaia1, 2 and 3, Kemp Isolator source and power-, Kemp QA/ SNS plugs (6x), Furutech & ALAC maincables, AQ Blizzard, Van den Hul Mainstream, Optical 8k cables, Clearaudio (Synchro+Champion2+TT3 tangential+CM Bearing+Outer Limit+StradivariV2, 530uV, 200 ohms), NUC11 i7, Samsung-980Pro, -A8, -S24Ultra, Roon Life, Netgear 108, AQ Cinnamon all, Live cable USB, AQ jitterbug 5x, WB 18TB 2x

2: 220Pro, Kef R3, Rel Studio, Oppo103EU (surround), Quad 707(mod), Kef RDM2, all on Iso Acoustics 200, Gaia 3 & 1, LG Oled55, Furutech wall outlets(3x), AQ NRG-Z3 (2m., 5x), Kemp powerstrips, Audiotool filters, Oppo HA2+PM3 + AQ cinnamon cables

1900 recorded LP's 24/192, 850 DSD 5.1 SACD (via Oppo), 4800 ripped CD's, Qubuz

I wonder if business/employee discount through Apple Online Store was a factor.. If you work for a mid-sized company buying a Mac, and pair your purchase with a Phantom, the Phantom would of been 10% below MSRP. I would only imagine the discount rate to be even steeper for Apple store/corporate employees.

That said, Apple may have terminated the relationship with Devialet shortly after the HomePod launch, along with other high-end speaker brands like Naim.