Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet support??
Hi everyone. I'm confused with Devialet support. I contacted them because one of my Phantoms have started making a rattle noise. I sent Devialet a video, bug report and my receipts of purchase with a dealer in Norway. They responded that if the on/off firmware reset did not work they would send me a new dialog. If that didn't work they would exchange the speaker. The last mail said. Please await your new dialog and get back to me with the result. I then asked for a tracking number. Yeah, I'm naiv like that. They then responded. Sorry for the misunderstanding. We hope that you’re place of purchase might exchange it. I have contacted them and hope they agree to help. If not I guess I’m stuck with a faulty speaker. Anyone else who has experienced this problem or confusing Devialet support?
(31-Jan-2018, 07:19)eibet Wrote: Hi everyone. I'm confused with Devialet support. I contacted them because one of my Phantoms have started making a rattle noise. I sent Devialet a video, bug report and my receipts of purchase with a dealer in Norway. They responded that if the on/off firmware reset did not work they would send me a new dialog. If that didn't work they would exchange the speaker. The last mail said. Please await your new dialog and get back to me with the result. I then asked for a tracking number. Yeah, I'm naiv like that. They then responded. Sorry for the misunderstanding. We hope that you’re place of purchase might exchange it. I have contacted them and hope they agree to help. If not I guess I’m stuck with a faulty speaker. Anyone else who has experienced this problem or confusing Devialet support?

I’ve found, and I expect others here have too, that you get different responses depending on who you talk to. Try and strike up a line of conversation with either Judith or Océane, who I have found to be particularly helpful.
I hope you get a good outcome to your problem.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I have not personally and I have had dealings with Devialet support on numerous occasions. All being fantastic. Including cases of replacement units.

Be firm with them that it IS the speaker.
Generally if it’s purchased from a dealer they will contact the dealer and have them take your old unit and Devialet will send a replacement unit to them.

If the dealer won’t do the exchange then Devialet will do dealings directly with you.

They will send you a shipping label and instructions on how to pack the unit. Once it is sent they will send you a replacement at the same time (if the fault has been pre-determined).

This process should take about one week.

If the support person seems to not know what they are doing create a new support ticket by contacting them again. I usually use their online chat feature through the website.

The support team are generally instructed to use a process of elimination to handle the situation.
If you own a Dialogue and Phantom they will try and resolve the issue by diagnosing the Dialogue first. If you only own a Phantom and no Dialogue they just deal with that.

It’s usually. Software. Main hardware link (Dialogue). Software again. Second hardware link (Phantom).

Just have to be firm and patient with them. Sometimes they’re flat out because the one support line is for enquiries, hardware support for all Phantom products and their Expert Line of amplification, as well as special setup requests, deliveries, follow ups and everything in between with only a small team managing it out of Hong Kong.

Maybe that’s no excuses but just be firm that it is the speaker and you aren’t happy especially considering how much you payed for it. Tell them you believe it should be replaced, and you would like them to deal with you directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
I guess that I am at a loss to understand why you are not dealing with the dealer that sold it to you directly? I would simply take it there and have it exchanged/diagnosed/serviced. Myself, I purchased on trial direct from Devialet, so I MUST deal with them. And yes, it has been challenging and I have had similar problems. I think that, yes, their support is understaffed. Growing pains? There is also definitely the factor of each individual support person’s English skills (about which I try to remain patient as my French skills are very poor). Is the support staff in Hong Kong? Or France?
(03-Feb-2018, 17:51)snbeall Wrote: I guess that I am at a loss to understand why you are not dealing with the dealer that sold it to you directly? I would simply take it there and have it exchanged/diagnosed/serviced. Myself, I purchased on trial direct from Devialet, so I MUST deal with them. And yes, it has been challenging and I have had similar problems. I think that, yes, their support is understaffed. Growing pains? There is also definitely the factor of each individual support person’s English skills (about which I try to remain patient as my French skills are very poor). Is the support staff in Hong Kong? Or France?

The customer support team is located in Hong Kong.
If your support request is escalated to the engineering team then that’s in France, but it is rare that someone from that team will communicate with you unless it’s a serious technical issue, otherwise communication is still through the initial Hong Kong advisor.

If you purchased from a dealer Devialet can still process the issue and go around them but in most cases they try to make the dealer aware to save you the hassle of shipping the unit back to France and then waiting for a new one to arrive. It’s easy to go swap at the dealer.

The dealers are not specifically trained in diagnosing Phantom faults or issues, so if it is technical Devialet support are the contact. They will advise the dealer what to do from there. If it’s simple a return before 45 days the dealer can process it providing that they honor that trail deal (they always should).

Devialet Phantom (White)
That is such a foreign customer service policy as to be ... well foreign. Wh=
y have a dealer? Perhaps things are different elsewhere, but in US, when you=
pay the premium to buy from a dealer, you are paying for service, and shoul=
d you have a problem, it is the dealer=E2=80=99s responsibility to take care=
care of it and service the customer. And absorb the problem. Not the other w=
ay around. The customer comes first. That is why the dealer is paid his prof=
it. To deal with problems. Otherwise, I=E2=80=99d rather deal direct with th=
e manufacturer and receive a better price for having to in essence become th=
e dealer.
And BTW, that latter part is fine with me. Except that I didn’t get a better price direct from manufacturer (who of course must protect his dealer’s profit margin). But then if the dealer is not going to add anything, why should he receive a profit? (other than provide a brick and mortar location to perhaps - if he has chosen to setup all models appropriately - see, touch, and hear the product). I’d rather hear it in my home with a 45 day trial and become the dealer myself. Especially if when I have a problem, we have to go to the manufacturer anyway. I’ve become the dealer.
With Devialet I don’t yet know of a case where they charge less than a dealer. Devialet set the pricing across the board. If the dealer charges more for the product then that’s their way of making a profit. Doesn’t mean they’re going to offer you anything extra than what Devialet already does.

You have the option to deal with your place of purchase or the manufacturer as you have an express warranty and customer service obligation through them both.
Customer has the choice always with who they want to deal with. Depends what’s easier and faster for the customer.

Generally the dealers won’t add anything else so Devialet have a policy of offering them the stock at RRP and them selling it at that same price. They’re just an extra middle man who is quicker than shipment to you.

Some dealers don’t even bother to set the units up. So you may as well just order and try in your home as you said.

Devialet Phantom (White)
the support is pathetic and they are sorry about it.
(05-Feb-2018, 15:13)daibaron Wrote: the support is pathetic and they are sorry about it.

I’ve never had an issue whatsoever with them. Depends how you approach them.
I broke a Phantom once. Completely dented the woofers accidentally. They replaced it for free without Devialet Care. Took all of a day to organise it. Best customer service experience to date.

Devialet Phantom (White)