Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Devialet teaser 11-11-2016 / 'The lost recordings'
(15-Nov-2016, 14:28)G51 Wrote:
(15-Nov-2016, 13:50)Phoenix Wrote:
(15-Nov-2016, 12:38)G51 Wrote: In the film, there is a shot showing marking of 'Vaughan x Devialet' on the reel(tape).

Not on the tape ;-)

At the 19th second from the start.

It's not a tape, it looks like a vinyl
There are some movements on the internet tonight! Devialet launched something at the Théâtre du Châtelet in Paris. There are talking about a incredible listening experience on a lacquer of a concert by Sarah Vaughan (a vinyl matrix)
See the end of the article : exclusive recordings of Sarah Vaughan and Oscar Peterson on vinyl. http://www.lejdd.fr/Economie/Entreprises...ite-805801

Big teasing for nothing big, apparently...
Tweaked Mac Mini + Audirvana - Bridge ethernet - Metrum Ambre with RopieeXL - Coax - D120 - Mulidine Cadence
Cables : TWL Digital American - Coax cable : l'atelier acoustik - Ethernet : Monoprice cat5 UTP - Speakers : Duelund 16 awg
Strange - that article was from August if I read it correctly - why do the "teaser" now if it is just some LP's.....?
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland
(15-Nov-2016, 19:46)Antoine Wrote: Lots of people that have lots of imagination (in some cases a bit too much I think Wink) are active on this forum in this thread!! Big Grin

Remember, we're ADH-powered !
(16-Nov-2016, 14:06)arcam Wrote:
(15-Nov-2016, 19:46)Antoine Wrote: Lots of people that have lots of imagination (in some cases a bit too much I think Wink) are active on this forum in this thread!! Big Grin

Remember, we're ADH-powered !

Here we go..

Sarah Vaughan - Oscar Peterson - Bill Evans
[Image: 91e6d791-9ee2-42d2-b1b5-cd49942bd956.png]

We had a dream.
A dream to revive the emotion of forgotten recordings using Expert technology. 
One year ago, we set out on a journey of sound archaeology with our friends at Fondamenta to excavate the emotion of three jazz greats: 

[Image: 0f160cd9-d88a-4940-ba63-a54bd941a5bd.png]

Today, the journey is complete.
Very soon you will be able experience the power of THE LOST RECORDINGS on limited edition vinyl and for the first time in the world, on lacquers, the ultimate analog medium.

DISCOVER THE LOST RECORDINGS
[Image: 4af2f7ed-6f5a-4d39-86bb-c9261abb520a.jpg]
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
Well they cleared it up (and I was right about it being a vinyl record Wink)

http://www.devialet.com/thelostrecordings/index-en.html
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
So pleased it's not new hardware; I'm broke after the 250 Pro upgrade!

Not a big jazz fan, but am intrigued by the laquers format.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
I'm pleased that they are working on the music side of things. And you can't top the artists! I wonder if these are the same lost tapes of Bill Evans and Sarah Vaughn released earlier this year in DSD.

Fundament seems like interesting label. I may have to purchase some of their recordings!

https://thestateofsound.net/2014/10/03/f...ing-grace/
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

Well now that looks to be a load of old bollox

Apparently each copy can only be listened to once!

"Because of its softness, the lacquer wears off as it is listened to. Just like a concert, those pure emotions can only be lived once."

I wonder how much they will charge for this new "disposable" music format! Smile