Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet web interface
(12-Oct-2020, 22:51)BoyScout Wrote: I think this Sweet Room "thing" is a Devialet marketing maneuver, just to advertise the series with that "plus".
The idea is good but the implementation is too weak and far-fetched.

Potential new owners, for sure, will end up realizing how crazy it is to use the Sweet Room.

The process is far beyond my patience, but I do not criticize anyone who has the enthusiasm, ability and willpower to do so... and i´m one of those always trying to increase the system performance, but this time i´m feeling like someone is mocking with me.

I won't even try.
That was my initial reaction to it as well. Like, why not do this all through a web interface? However, once I went down this "rabbit hole" with REW and a USB mic, it has been a really fun time. Once you learn the software, it's not that hard and it does make you feel like a bit of a tech badass in working with the text files. Of course, I'd prefer that Devialet had its own room correction software and a real interface, etc., but it's been really fun to learn how to do this!
The web interface for the Expert Pros is a mystery. It serves very little purpose as is, but it seems like someone was given a project to evolve that interface to ultimately replace the SD card along with some additional functionality. But then that person was fired and the task never reassigned. Clearly, it’s currently half-baked at best. The “report” function, however, does work as I was asked to use it in reporting the RAAT problem. Perhaps it is also sending logs along.

Hopefully that’ll change now that it seems Devialet is re-engaging. Maybe not. But send in support tickets and see where it goes. Surely there must have been a plan for this interface. Right?
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
If I remember correctly, the web interface was required to allow Apple Airplay certification.  In any case, it seems it was done with "the bare minimum flair".
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(13-Oct-2020, 01:26)Dev_Steve Wrote:
(12-Oct-2020, 22:51)BoyScout Wrote: I think this Sweet Room "thing" is a Devialet marketing maneuver, just to advertise the series with that "plus".

Potential new owners, for sure, will end up realizing how crazy it is to use the Sweet Room.

The process is far beyond my patience, but I do not criticize anyone who has the enthusiasm, ability and willpower to do so... and i´m one of those always trying to increase the system performance, but this time i´m feeling like someone is mocking with me.

I won't even try.
That was my initial reaction to it as well. Like, why not do this all through a web interface? However, once I went down this "rabbit hole" with REW and a USB mic, it has been a really fun time. Once you learn the software, it's not that hard and it does make you feel like a bit of a tech badass in working with the text files. Of course, I'd prefer that Devialet had its own room correction software and a real interface, etc., but it's been really fun to learn how to do this!

Exactly my experience as well. For using the new feature you do not need to have any ability, willpower and so on. It's incredibly easy and after creating one file you have the hang on it. I really like the fact that you can use the tone button and immediately the Devialet use another DSP profile. Let's you hear very clearly the differences.

This is definitely an added value that's easy to use even without an interface (happy Devialet did not wait to release this until they had some fancy GUI that does not bring any sound quality value...).
(13-Oct-2020, 07:52)Stino Wrote:

I won't even try.

Exactly my experience as well. For using the new feature you do not need to have any ability, willpower and so on. It's incredibly easy and after creating one file you have the hang on it. I really like the fact that you can use the tone button and immediately the Devialet use another DSP profile. Let's you hear very clearly the differences.

This is definitely an added value that's easy to use even without an interface (happy Devialet did not wait to release this until they had some fancy GUI that does not bring any sound quality value...).
I tried using the cookbook primer kindly provided by Mike but my resulting files weren't correct: most of the gain levels, for instance, were far different than the -12 permitted by the Devialet solution so I just abandoned the pursuit.  I tried multiple times to get it right but my patience wore thin.  So I have a far different take on Sweet Room: it's designed by engineers for engineers.  For a company that lauded itself on creating a cutting-edge platform with sublime looks, it's a terribly awkward path they have chosen to tread.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(13-Oct-2020, 07:52)Stino Wrote:

I won't even try.

And after the fun time playing with REW, the mic and the text files, the new room influence results in a really sound improvement?
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
IMHO, Sweet Room is either the start of something big or a total waste of time. If we see nothing else about it from Devialet in the next few months, I think we’ll know the answer.

Having messed with room correction software in a prior life (Tact), it ain’t no easy thing. Many people think highly of Dirac and yet struggle up a steep learning curve. Time, patience and expertise may be rewarded, but short of that, it will likely prove frustrating for many.

Let’s hope Devialet has something up their sleeve.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Lets see - we should write / encourage Devialet
Many people would pay for Dirac (or maybe even Trinnov) functionality and in the same time this functionality would bring back Devialet Expert to the Hi-Fi magazines front covers.

It's just the question whether Devialet sees enough money in it. Hardware is already there - implementation is feasible using USB measurement microphone attached to PC.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

I agree absolutely on this! Write to Devialet about this suggestion