Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet with Furman IT reference 20i
Has anyone tried this combination? I had read conflicting opinions about using a power conditioners vs plugging the amps straight to the wall sockets. However, what intrigued me was Furman's power factor technology which is supposed to provide 80 amps of peak charge. The unit weighs 83 pounds and it gives you a good workout when you are trying to move it :-)

I was already running my 1000pro on a 20amp dedicated outlet. I picked up this unit from Audiogon and have been using it for couple of days. I thought I could try it out and if I don't hear any improvements, I can always sell it for a small loss. 

For me, it was money well spent.  I'm poor at describing the improvements in sound, however, it did sound like that proverbial lifting of the veil from the speakers. The sound is more transparent with blacker background. The notes overhang last a bit longer and clearer. Higher frequencies are a little more prominent but not overly bright(I think Devialet is even more resolving with this unit, which sounds crazy). It's for sure more dynamic than plugging 1000pro straight to the wall. 

I think the difference it makes depends upon the power grid you are connected to. I highly recommend giving it a try especially if you can return it to the dealer if it does not work for you.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
I'm glad the Furman worked well for you. I agree that these things depend on your local power quality. In my case the Furman Reference 20i improved the sound in some ways but detracted from the dynamics, while a Shunyata Denali 6000/S is remarkably better in all ways.
(17-Jul-2017, 15:42)deviousalet Wrote: I'm glad the Furman worked well for you. I agree that these things depend on your local power quality. In my case the Furman Reference 20i improved the sound in some ways but detracted from the dynamics, while a Shunyata Denali 6000/S is remarkably better in all ways.

Thanks! I have been reading some great reviews about Denali series as well. I might give it a shot in very near future.

I was thinking since Furman has enough power reserve(capacitor), it would not lack in dynamics. At least I did not notice any lack of dynamics, but it could be the classic case of confirmation bias. Unless I compare them side by side, I would not know. 

Denali on the other hand does not have a big transformer on capacitors inside it(from the pictures of it), but its supposed to drop the noise floor way down. Its footprint is very small and it would not take additional space in the Rack. 

We will see if I'm able to get one soon to compare side by side.

Anyone with positive experience with Denali vs Furman?
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
I just wanted some kind of measurement to see how much power line noise do I have with and without Furman, so I bought the Entech unit which Shunyata CEO used in his video on YouTube. The noise level dropped from 117.7 to 5.5 when connected to Furman. Not sure how to attach images here, but I have the pics of the reading.

Since I could not place Furman in the rack, it was lying on the floor and I got a lot of dirty looks at home. So I have decided to get Shunyata Denali 6000T. Hopefully I should get it next week.
Got the Denali 6000T couple days ago and subjectively I feel like I got new speakers and the amp. The sound is much bigger with greater control on bass and higher frequencies as well. More dynamic than Furman for sure. The image extents well beyond speaker boundaries. I felt like this was money well spent even better than upgrading to pro version of Devialet. This should be a foundational piece for most system before any upgrade.

Having said that, I have a minor quibble. I'm not sure if the CCI is working properly on my device. I have connected 2x 250pro to HC output and I have my 7 channel amp hooked up to zone 1. When I measure the noise using Entech device which is not really a lab grade tool, it still shows quite a bit of noise compared to this youtube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6f1kwyZbM8
As soon as I remove the third amp from Denali, the noise level drops considerably on Entech.
I 'm thinking of borrowing a lab grade device from someone to really measure the noise level.