Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet with Sonos
For the combined cost of the remedy and the connect, compared to other streamers, the jump in quality makes it a no brainer of a purchase/upgrade.
(17-Nov-2015, 11:04)wikeeboy Wrote: For the combined cost of the remedy and the connect, compared to other streamers, the jump in quality makes it a no brainer of a purchase/upgrade.

Do you have a view on the SQ of your modified Sonos +W4S vs AIR? 

I did some "casual" listening with my W4S + Pioneer BDP-450 at the weekend, and I'm beginning to think the W4S Reclocker with a relatively basic source can get very close to AIR SQ, maybe even better in some respects.  I would need to do some more serious comparisons for a more definitive view, but SQ is definitely good.
I ended up buying the w4s modified sonos and debated the remedy reclocker but i liked the idea of reducing cables and just having it all in one.

i must say w4s modified sonos sounds great. is it as good as air... no but it's subjectively better than the original sonos.  The main improvement i see is with a clearer defined soundstage and imaging.  

i do need to get a better optical cable... would be open to suggestions if anyone had.
Devialet 120, Kef LS50
I've had a reclocked 96k Sonos ZP90 that's been in daily use for just at or over 10 years without a failure. Just purchased a 2nd one this summer due to fear the original might be getting a little long in the tooth and decided to get another just to avoid any short wait in the event of a failure. I also have access to a Remedy Reclocker via my son who uses it with his unmodified Sonos Connect. While I can't tell the difference between them when in-use I can hear a dramatic difference when both are used on the same system! I wouldn't say both are 50% better but have no problem agreeing with a 15-25% improvement using both over one or the other! And while both together are better than either alone I choose to keep my cabling & components to a minimum via the single 96k Connect. But I wouldn't be surprised to find myself 'hiding' a W4S RR out-of-site somewhere down the road with exceedingly short cabling of a few inches. Even both together when compared with most contemporary streamers are dirt cheap and IMO dramatically easier-to-use, less problematic and bullet-proof. Have been for years & years & years! Since I'm no longer able to audibly discern 96 from 192, Sonos & Deezer Elite provide 100% of my listening needs/wants on a daily basis and have for some time now and I don't feel 'limited' in any way whatsoever beyond my hearing issues which I wish I could say were related to gigs, hifi systems or Led Zep Concerts. Sadly, Duk To, Pleiku, Plei Mei RSVN, Laos and Cambodia circa 1966-1969 gets the nod for that.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!