Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet200, not very powerfull
(16-Jul-2015, 06:35)BestAlexEver Wrote: I have tried a pair of Magnepan 1.7 with my Devialet 120 and even though the bass was the best I have heard with the 1.7. the Devialet lack power to drive the Magnepan. IMHO you will need a 400 to drive electrostatic speakers.

How loud do you play your music? I find the Le 200 to work well for me although I rarely exceed 85dB. I am very satisfied. From reading this forum, I am sure a Le 400 would be better.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
I like peaks about 92dB. I sold the Devialet 200. And replaced it with a mcintosh ma 7900. Very different sound. Bass is leaner, but very nuanced, details... I hear basslines never heard before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(10-Jul-2015, 15:31)rwjr44 Wrote: Many modern speakers will dip below 4 ohms at some frequency. Well, at least the ones that are reviewed with lab results. I find the D200 works very well with my Magnepan 1.7s which are a relatively benign 4 ohms but are said to require lots of current and are hard to drive.

My 120 was not an ideal match for my 1.7, great bass but also an overall lack of sonic energy, maybe the 200 is a better at driving the 1.7.
I did heard that the 400 and the 3.7i are a fanatic combo.
(30-Jul-2015, 06:17)BestAlexEver Wrote:
(10-Jul-2015, 15:31)rwjr44 Wrote: Many modern speakers will dip below 4 ohms at some frequency. Well, at least the ones that are reviewed with lab results. I find the D200 works very well with my Magnepan 1.7s which are a relatively benign 4 ohms but are said to require lots of current and are hard to drive.

My 120 was not an ideal match for my 1.7, great bass but also an overall lack of sonic energy, maybe the 200 is a better at driving the 1.7.
I did heard that the 400 and the 3.7i are a fanatic combo.
I am seriously considering getting a companion after I upgrade my speakers. I initially wanted to get a 250 but the price differential was way to steep.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Still very very happy with the mcintosh MA7900, is a very different amp than the Devialet 200. You can consider the Devialet 200 weak. I enjoy music a lot more with the mcintosh. Sorry for Devialet.

I lost money with buying and selling the Dev200. I liked the looks a lot. But it isn' t so audiofiel as some people wrote. And not so strong either. The energy that music have with the mcintosh is enormous.

Yeah right !!!
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(05-Aug-2015, 13:39)macdummy Wrote: I lost money with buying and selling the Dev200. I liked the looks a lot. But it isn' t so audiofiel as some people wrote. And not so strong either. The energy that music have with the mcintosh is enormous.  

A friend of mine had the MA7900 for about two weeks. Sold it right away. Too dark sounding. It was No match for his D200.
NORWAY
Devialet 200 - Marten Design Django XL - Squeeze Touch - VPI Traveler
Fugazi: indeed both sound very different. But I listen to speakers and gear for almost 45 years now. And the D200 is no match for the MA7900. I can compare with 3 sets at home. You have a lot more power in the music, and the bass isn't that blown-up, as it does with the D200. You can here the difference very much in classical music.

The refinement is very very present, dark... Not a bit.