Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog Compatbility With Expert
Hi - this week, having decided to return my unused Dialog to Devialet (who were brilliant, BTW - provided UPS label and confirmed full refund), I called my dealer to order the Auralic Aries.  

Long story short, he said don't - there will be a firmware upgrade in January/February next year which will allow a USB HD to be connected to the Dialog, with a new Spark app, to provide audio file based playback via the Expert that doesn't require a PC or Mac in the chain.  

No idea what this means for AIR - but if this happens, I, for one, will be delighted. 

ATB, Ken
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
Great news if true, but personally, if I needed a solution now I'd be tempted to go with something that's a known entity like the Aries, rather than pin hopes on what may appear in the future.....

Not saying it won't materialise, but when, and will it work or be any good? Who knows.

From the brief time I spent with Spark, I'd happily never see or touch it again, so I'm biased but if Spark/Dialogue becomes the replacement for Air, I'll be sticking with USB.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(10-Dec-2015, 23:39)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Great news if true, but personally, if I needed a solution now I'd be tempted to go with something that's a known entity like the Aries, rather than pin hopes on what may appear in the future.....

Not saying it won't materialise, but when, and will it work or be any good? Who knows.

From the brief time I spent with Spark, I'd happily never see or touch it again, so I'm biased but if Spark/Dialogue becomes the replacement for Air, I'll be sticking with USB.

I agree.  I've managed to 'secure" the cost of the Aries from wife, so if the Devialet solution isn't up to scratch, I can pull the trigger immediately.  Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic, but I hope that Devialet have realised that us Expert owners have felt unloved for quite some time - and that they'll knock our collective socks off with the next major upgrade - I live in hope!

ATB, Ken
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
A USB harddisk connected to a Dialog connected to an Expert (how? Ethernet/wifi/optical?) That's like 10 years back in time. No thank you. Big Grin
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I didn't get a Dialog and don't intend to but I am interested to see what Devialet develops.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
I guess this means dialog will replace the computer and AIR lives within dialog. With devialet's software development track record , I wont count on it till 2017.
And where does the hundreds of Gb of stored music reside if no computer in the chain?
(11-Dec-2015, 08:17)Davyboy Wrote: And where does the hundreds of Gb of stored music reside if no computer in the chain?
NAS or USB HDD.

Janne
(11-Dec-2015, 08:39)jjo Wrote:
(11-Dec-2015, 08:17)Davyboy Wrote: And where does the hundreds of Gb of stored music reside if no computer in the chain?
NAS or USB HDD.

Janne

Does the Dialog have a wired Ethernet connection for a NAS?
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland
(11-Dec-2015, 22:27)wiresandmore Wrote:
(11-Dec-2015, 08:39)jjo Wrote:
NAS or USB HDD.

Janne

Does the Dialog have a wired Ethernet connection for a NAS?

Yes, or how do you think the Dialog is streaming now from the NAS to one or two Phantoms ?
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana