Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog Disaster!!
I just bought a second silver phantom to match my existing one and a dialog to make it work.

Firstly it took f**king ages just set up the phantom by itself. However I finally got it to work.

Now when I added the dialog to the network it appears in spark for about 4-5 seconds in the devices menu and them promptly disappears. Soon I after I get a message to update the software which when I press download I always get a failed to download error.

Only one phantom out of the two is available in spark which is playing internet radio and dialog is on the same network so it's not my network issue.

Any suggestions as having spent a small fortune I am non to
Chuffed.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you tried to connect everything with ethernet? Have you done a full factory reset of all your devices? Are both speakers on the same FW version and just the Dialog needs an update?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Phantoms are all on the latest firmware. It's only dialog that is not updated. Dialog is connected by ethernet and phantoms are on wifi.
Considering both phantoms work (independently) as advertised I don't see any need to connect them by ethernet (not that easy anyway).

Considering its price it should be called diabolical!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From previous threads, the follosing has worked:
In a first phase, do the initial setup with dialog and both phantoms connected via Ethernet, next to each other and to the internet box.
In a second phase, move each element to its desired position, and let WiFi or plc take over if the preferred Ethernet is not possible.
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
Thanks for the help so far.

Well I have managed to get the dialog to update it software to 1.7.1.0 so all devices are not the same.

Dialog now appears in Spark and so do both of my Phantoms, however only one (kitchen) is shown in bold in the devices menu and the other one (Garden) is greyed out. I can click the plus button and see what is enabled etc.

If I quit spark and relaunch then the Garden phantom comes up and I can use that no problem.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Thanks
(24-Jul-2016, 02:24)Pioneer123 Wrote: Thanks for the help so far.

Well I have managed to get the dialog to update it software to 1.7.1.0 so all devices are not the same.

Dialog now appears in Spark and so do both of my Phantoms, however only one (kitchen) is shown in bold in the devices menu and the other one (Garden) is greyed out. I can click the plus button and see what is enabled etc.

If I quit spark and relaunch then the Garden phantom comes up and I can use that no problem.

Thanks

Contact devialet !!
(24-Jul-2016, 02:24)Pioneer123 Wrote: Thanks for the help so far.

Thanks

Running a single Phantom or Dialog with two Phantoms are two very different configurations that need a factory reset to switch from one to the other configuration. Have you performed a factory reset after having connected all three devices, i.e. plugged both Phantoms to power outlet and the Dialog conected to your router by Ethernet cable and plugged to power? Factory reset is described here: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...and-Dialog-
In case you have done so but cannot get it to work can it be that there are some filters in your wall outlets that impair the PLC of the Phantoms and Dialog to connect to each other? This has been a problem of many users.
PLC is reliable when working. Connection over wifi is not very reliable for a stereo or multiroom setup. Wifi is mainly used for Spark control points/remote control of Dialog or Phantoms.
You could try a full factory reset.

Sometime it might be required to reset your system Phantom and Dialog. For making your reset on the more efficient way please follow the below instructions:

1. Check if your Dialog is connected to your Internet router (via an ethernet cable)
2. Check if the device you will use for Spark is on the correct Wifi network
3. Unplug your Dialog and Phantom from the electric outlet
4. Wait 30 secondes
5. Plug back your Dialog (first) and your Phantom(s)
6. Wait 30 secondes
7. Press 3 times quickly the bouton on the back of your Dialog (3 short press, the light of your Dialog will react for informing that the reset is starting)
8. Wait until your Dialog light stops blinking (it means end of the reset for your Dialog)
9. Press 3 times the back button of your Phantom (3 short press)
10. Wait about a minute until you hear the start sound of your Phantom(s) (if Phantom is not editing any sounds during 5 seconds, then please redo the steps 3, 4, 5, 6, 9 and 10 without touching your Dialog)
11. Launch Spark and follow instructions for making the setup
Note: If during the step 11, Spark is asking you to plug your Dialog, it means that your Dialog is not correctly connected to your router, or the device you are using with Spark is not connected to the right Wifi network.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage