Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog Ethernet issue
We are about to update our two phantom premiers that we have to DOS 2. Our current setup that we have now is the two phantom speakers are connected via ethernet to a switch. That switch is connected via ethernet to the dialog and the router. Right now the dialog is flashing an orange and white light, which according to the devialet website means there is an error with the dialog, however the speakers still work. When using the Spark app, it created a device using the two speakers called "Living Room", which we use to play music through Spotify. With our setup we thought the dialog created that network so we can connect to Living Room. However, since something is wrong with the dialog and updating the speakers using the Devialet app is supposed to remove the need for the dialog, if we update the speakers to DOS2 with our current setup is that going to cause any issues? Or will it be a smooth transition since the speakers are already playing music despite the dialog having errors with the current setup?
Depending on the age of your Phantom, DOS 2 removes the need for the Dialog entirely. In my set up I have had to keep dialog in the mix to add airplay capability to my older Phantom. If your phantom have airplay built in, this won’t be necessary. Prior to updating to DOS2 I wasn’t aware that my phantom didn’t have native airplay capability because I had always played then in stereo, which required the dialog. On toslink, or with UPnP or Spotify, the dialog can be unplugged and put away even with older models.