Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog-Heat-Dropout Issues
I think I may have stumbled upon something for folks that are having the drop out issue.  Upon my neighbors suggestion, I moved my Dialog and placed it directly behind my primary router to get the purest, direct link via the router.  I used a Cat 7 cable as well. I also placed a small fan blowing on the Dialog to keep it much cooler during operating times.  Since doing this, I have noticed SIGNIFICANTLY quicker reaction time to the Spark app and most importantly NO drop outs or need to reset the Dialog.  Has been running for two days with out issues.  Looks to me this is a heat related issue at least for me with the drop outs and possibly the length of the ethernet line might be an issue as well.  Problem solved.
Good to know, if I remember well, the dialog use a imx6 from freescale as main processor. I already work on this processor (it's currently the best one in industrial product) but the quad version has a metal case link to the dissipation (we should have this one is someone open the dialog) and this one is hot... I've take a look with the hot issue :
https://community.freescale.com/thread/319179
http://forum.solid-run.com/cubox-i-hardw...t2037.html

I don't know if the linux embedded on the dialog has this feature (change frequency of the cores according to the temperature of the case (normally yes). And it can definitely explain the drop during streaming the streaming of the music....
Good to know! I heard someone else putting the dialogue on its side to get better airflow too

I may invest in one of those Laptop platforms with fans in
Maybe a silly question, but are you on the latest firmware? Initially the Dialog was so hot (even when idle) that I couldn't touch the metal parts. But now it's warm but fine to touch and hold. The improvement came from firmware 1.5.x.x.
2x Phantom I Gold Opera de Paris 2.12.3 on Branch
(13-Feb-2016, 09:27)IJamington2004 Wrote: Good to know! I heard someone else putting the dialogue on its side to get better airflow too

I may invest in one of those Laptop platforms with fans in

I have the dialog positioned on two cubes about 1cm from the ground and that's oke
(13-Feb-2016, 10:06)frenkb Wrote: Maybe a silly question, but are you on the latest firmware? Initially the Dialog was so hot (even when idle) that I couldn't touch the metal parts. But now it's warm but fine to touch and hold. The improvement came from firmware 1.5.x.x.

I am on the latest firmware but those metal parts are still so hot that I can't touch them without burning myself.
(13-Feb-2016, 13:29)jonstatt Wrote:
(13-Feb-2016, 10:06)frenkb Wrote: Maybe a silly question, but are you on the latest firmware? Initially the Dialog was so hot (even when idle) that I couldn't touch the metal parts. But now it's warm but fine to touch and hold. The improvement came from firmware 1.5.x.x.

I am on the latest firmware but those metal parts are still so hot that I can't touch them without burning myself.

By me the same on the metal Parts