Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog Questions
When you are doing the initial setup, make sure you are connecting Dialog + both Phantoms on the same AC circuit (IE: the same room). They need to communicate via PLC to sync. Then when done, you will have two Dialog networks, one per Phantom, for communication as well. This is normal. Phantom+ Dialog appear to dynamically communicate via PLC and Wifi, depending on which communication method is best at the time.

It sounds like you may not have initially setup Phantom on the same AC circuit, which may explain the latency/dropout issues.
(12-Feb-2016, 08:56)kameraguy Wrote: When you are doing the initial setup, make sure you are connecting Dialog + both Phantoms on the same AC circuit (IE: the same room). They need to communicate via PLC to sync. Then when done, you will have two Dialog networks, one per Phantom, for communication as well. This is normal. Phantom+ Dialog appear to dynamically communicate via PLC and Wifi, depending on which communication method is best at the time.

It sounds like you may not have initially setup Phantom on the same AC circuit, which may explain the latency/dropout issues.

Thank you I will give this a try. So once I do the initial setup on the same AC circuit then can I move my phantoms back upstairs on a different AC. This would be based on a wifi connection as I'm not interested in doing Ethernet.

I also have the phantoms on a surge protector. Can I put them back on the surge protector once the setup is done as well?

Prior to the new update I had one successful connection without doing this. I wonder why it worked.
2 White phantoms with remote and waiting for the 2 branches
Marantz amp with B and W CM 9 with Polk 12"
(12-Feb-2016, 08:10)Johnnydev Wrote:
(12-Feb-2016, 07:46)Ílahyene Wrote:
(12-Feb-2016, 05:19)Slamdunk17 Wrote: I finally jumped on a second phantom with dialog. When I set everything up in the same room it works well but my router had to get moved to my office downstairs so I moved the dialog with it. My phantoms remained upstairs in my living space.

Then I started having connection problems. Can take up to 10 tries just to get both phantoms to connect and even when it does the music cuts off and it's horrible. I was told as long as the router is strong enough which it is for all my other devices the dialog should be able to connect the phantoms but it doesn't seem to be the case at my house. 

Is the dialog only strong enough to be in the same room as the speakers? If so what's the point of promoting 24 speakers to the dialog when it can barley reach the second floor? Please help

hi Slamdunk17 

If  I understood  your 2 phantoms are connected through wifi ?
 and even in the same room,  you have cut/Loss ?

If i'm right regarding the  2 questions  above,  you should investigate  for a wifi problem how many wifi you see when you're in the room  if you can change the wifi channel of your other wifi(s) I think something interfere  with your network (dialognetworx-XX-XXX-X).

you mau also try to reset the whole  things  (by pressing three time the power button at the back of your phantoms, it works for me when I had problems)

you may also own a defective   dialog :Sad

if it's possible  try to have your phantom connected via ethernet

good luck

If you reset do then the whole factory reset and not only power of or reset buttons on the backsite. You can find this on www.devialet.com.

If you have a good as adviced wifi network and setup, you don't need to be connected via ethernet.

Don't use powerfilters etc. and be sure that the dialog and the phantoms are on the same powerphase

Use the dialog and phantoms as devialet intended it.

For me it works in this way wireless and perfectly.

Sorry should have been more clear. When they are in the same room the connection is great. It's only when I have the dialog next to my router/ access point downstairs in my office and the phantoms upstairs in my living space do I run into setup and connection problems. 

Wether I'm upstairs or downstairs I'm assuming my entire house should be on the same powerphase.
I'm using a surge protector as I live in an area that needs it time to time to protect my electronics. I wonder if it's safe to just directly plug into the walls even during a lightning storm.
The surge protector is probably preventing the data over power line system working well. My Dialog is 0.6 meter from one of the Phantoms and about 3.5 meters from the other and if I plug the dialog into a filtered mains outlet I get dropouts, so wifi is not reliable for me even over such a short distance.
The choice for a clean system is either wired ethernet or unfiltered power sockets IME, and I tried loads of things for months before I came to this conclusion.
Having written that I have 3 Phantoms, two set up for TV and a third which I can put in any room and it works so far everywhere I have put it (using unfiltered power sockets) including rooms which are on a different ring-main to the Dialog and w-a-y out of wifi range, so the contact through the mains is very robust I would say.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(13-Feb-2016, 17:57)f1eng Wrote: The surge protector is probably preventing the data over power line system working well. My Dialog is 0.6 meter from one of the Phantoms and about 3.5 meters from the other and if I plug the dialog into a filtered mains outlet I get dropouts, so wifi is not reliable for me even over such a short distance.
The choice for a clean system is either wired ethernet or unfiltered power sockets IME, and I tried loads of things for months before I came to this conclusion.
Having written that I have 3 Phantoms, two set up for TV and a third which I can put in any room and it works so far everywhere I have put it (using unfiltered power sockets) including rooms which are on a different ring-main to the Dialog and w-a-y out of wifi range, so the contact through the mains is very robust I would say.
Thank you. Worked like a charm. Who would have thought a simple setup would help. The surge protector with both phantoms plugged in definately confused the dialog
(14-Feb-2016, 23:03)Slamdunk17 Wrote:
(13-Feb-2016, 17:57)f1eng Wrote: The surge protector is probably preventing the data over power line system working well. My Dialog is 0.6 meter from one of the Phantoms and about 3.5 meters from the other and if I plug the dialog into a filtered mains outlet I get dropouts, so wifi is not reliable for me even over such a short distance.
Thank you. Worked like a charm. Who would have thought a simple setup would help. The surge protector with both phantoms plugged in definately confused the dialog

Yes, power filters will block the PLC connections.  I have 2 of them.  I hope Wifi will work for you on different levels. My dialog is in the basement with the server, phantoms in the living room.  Even though initial setup worked, dialog eventually lost one or both phantoms and required repeated resets. This is because dialog wanted to use 2.4Gz bandwidth which is very crowded in my neighborhood.  I ended up wiring via ethernet and it has been stable since then.
Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *