Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog Recall
I saw this awhile back and was wondering if I have one of the Dialogs affected.  Evidently, the early Dialogs had a network problem with connectivity and it was a chip problem.  Devialet offered to replace at their cost these Dialogs.  I have seen this on another Devialet forum.  What I can't seem to find is the serial numbers that were affected.  I have bit the bullet and ordered another Dialog to see if it fixes the drop outs.  I connect for 5 min and then system is not recognized.  This cycle is continuous.  I have narrowed it down to Dialog as I can play bluetooth all the time direct to Phantoms.
(10-Feb-2016, 17:18)fritzcurtis1 Wrote: I saw this awhile back and wa wondering if I have one too the Dialogs affected.  Evidently, the early Dialogs had a network problem with connectivity and it was a chip problem.  Devialet offered to replace at their cost these Dialogs.  I have seen this on another Devialet forum.  What I can't seem to find is the serial numbers that were affected.  I have bit the bullet and ordered another Dialog to see if it fixes the drop outs.  I connect for 5 min and then system is not recognized.  This cycle is continuous.  I have narrowed it down to Dialog as I can play bluetooth all the time direct to Phantoms.

The first two digits of the Dialog are the week of manufacture. Although my two Phantoms are week 51 and 01 which are extremely recent the Dialog is week 24. I have had no issues with it though apart from the casing not fitting perfectly around the sockets at the back (the top lid lifts up slightly on the left side when looking at the sockets)
(10-Feb-2016, 17:20)jonstatt Wrote:
(10-Feb-2016, 17:18)fritzcurtis1 Wrote: I saw this awhile back and wa wondering if I have one too the Dialogs affected.  Evidently, the early Dialogs had a network problem with connectivity and it was a chip problem.  Devialet offered to replace at their cost these Dialogs.  I have seen this on another Devialet forum.  What I can't seem to find is the serial numbers that were affected.  I have bit the bullet and ordered another Dialog to see if it fixes the drop outs.  I connect for 5 min and then system is not recognized.  This cycle is continuous.  I have narrowed it down to Dialog as I can play bluetooth all the time direct to Phantoms.

The first two digits of the Dialog are the week of manufacture. Although my two Phantoms are week 51 and 01 which are extremely recent the Dialog is week 24. I have had no issues with it though apart from the casing not fitting perfectly around the sockets at the back (the top lid lifts up slightly on the left side when looking at the sockets)

I ordered mine pre-release.  July of last year, so I know I have an early model.  I'm just not sure the serial numbers that Devialet recalled and replaced.
(10-Feb-2016, 17:22)fritzcurtis1 Wrote:
(10-Feb-2016, 17:20)jonstatt Wrote:

I ordered mine pre-release.  July of last year, so I know I have an early model.  I'm just not sure the serial numbers that Devialet recalled and replaced.

Yes I understand. But week 24 which is on the unit I just received is June last year! So I am very curious what is going on here as surely my unit would also be affected, unless Devialet have been reworking them, which may also explain why the casing is not fitting perfectly on mine.
Mine is H36. H is the year of production, 2014 for release 2015. I just got a brand new phantom and it is J, which would indicate 2016 production. So my Dialog was made 2014 in the 36th week.
(10-Feb-2016, 17:48)fritzcurtis1 Wrote: Mine is H36.  H is the year of production, 2014 for release 2015.  I just got a brand new phantom and it is J, which would indicate 2016 production.  So my Dialog was made 2014 in the 36th week.

H is 2015. There is no I. It jumped straight from H to J. So yours is in fact newer than mine even though I just purchased mine.
I will update the post with the serial number of new Dialog and results of the drop out issue when I receive it.
The recall of the Dialog from Devialet was in April 2015 in combination with update 1.1. for Spark and Phantoms. My Dialog is from the 15th week of 2015 (H15) and it was not affected by the recall.
OMine is H17 and no recall and never a problem with connection
He is quite warm but that's it
Mine came in the first batch of deliveries from the factory in March last year. I had no direct Dialog related problems, just early Spark bugs but mine was recalled/replaced.
I thought they were replacing them due to overheating but the second one runs just as hot.
All my dropout problems were fixed by ethernet connection which revealed that the interconnection via mains wiring was not working which boiled down to a filtered mains outlet.
Since Dialog and Phantoms have all been powered from unfiltered mains sockets I have had no more problems.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire