Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog blinking
Is my Dialog dead? I've had the Dialog and two Silvers since Nov/18. Everything is connected through PLC. This has worked perfectly with no drops. Today I was listening for about 45 minutes and after the album finished via Spotify, the Dialog started flashing pink and I lost the connection.

Tried to reconnect through Spark by pressing the button 3 times, unplugging the cord etc.. but it's still flashing. Any other suggestions or is it probably gone? Have to wait until Monday to call Devialet unfortunately, since they are closed on weekends.

Thanks
(17-Feb-2019, 20:37)McG Wrote: Is my Dialog dead? I've had the Dialog and two Silvers since Nov/18. Everything is connected through PLC. This has worked perfectly with no drops. Today I was listening for about 45 minutes and after the album finished via Spotify, the Dialog started flashing pink and I lost the connection.

Tried to reconnect through Spark by pressing the button 3 times, unplugging the cord etc.. but it's still flashing. Any other suggestions or is it probably gone? Have to wait until Monday to call Devialet unfortunately, since they are closed on weekends.

Thanks

My Dialog has been blinking pink for more than 6 months now. But it is still working fine, even though I have occasionally a lost PLC connection that I cure by unplugging and replugging the dialog cord.
Devialet told me not to worry, that the pink flashing may be caused by a bad electrical line between the dialog and the Phantoms (they are not connected to the same electrical outlet in my setup, and I have to plug the dialog in a multiple plug strip, which is not good for PLC connection). Ideally the phantoms and the dialog like to be connected to the same electrical strip for good PLC connection. Have you got the PLC connection back ?
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac
(20-Feb-2019, 10:08)eniriop Wrote:
(17-Feb-2019, 20:37)McG Wrote: Is my Dialog dead? I've had the Dialog and two Silvers since Nov/18. Everything is connected through PLC. This has worked perfectly with no drops. Today I was listening for about 45 minutes and after the album finished via Spotify, the Dialog started flashing pink and I lost the connection.

Thanks

My Dialog has been blinking pink for more than 6 months now. But it is still working fine, even though I have occasionally a lost PLC connection that I cure by unplugging and replugging the dialog cord.
Devialet told me not to worry, that the pink flashing may be caused by a bad electrical line between the dialog and the Phantoms (they are not connected to the same electrical outlet in my setup, and I have to plug the dialog in a multiple plug strip, which is not good for PLC connection). Ideally the phantoms and the dialog like to be connected to the same electrical strip for good PLC connection. Have you got the PLC connection back ?
Just figured it out tonight. It seems the PLC was the problem. I did a factory reset on it and now everything is working again. Flashing on Dialog is now gone. Thanks