Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog compatibility Expert Line
(13-Oct-2015, 13:12)Antoine Wrote: -1

Why would any Devialet Expert owner that doesn't also own one or more Phantoms want a Dialog? There's plenty external music server/streaming boxes in the world already. The Dialog doesn't seem that great to me. Don't care if it's relatively cheap, I want the best quality deserving the old Devialet brand name.

IMO Devialet should deliver a proper functioning AIR solution. Don't let them off the hook this easy and reward their incompetence of not being able to deliver the promised stable internal streaming solution with buying another product of theirs!

I'd like Devialet to focus on AIR v3 whether it's new hardware, software or both. Start over from scratch and deliver a better than USB sounding, stable solution for any PC or Mac out there. Let them look at companies like Merging and their Nadac or any other company that can deliver what they promise.

Just my €0.02. Smile
+ 1. That is why we bought a Devialet in the first place. One-box solution  -  simple and trouble free. And IMHO, they should focus on one system, may be Apple as less variables in the hardware/software things, make it work smoothly. Then work on the PC. Or vice versa.
Are we not mixing two issues here? I agree the issues are related, but they are different.

Should they fix AIR - Yes they should.

Should they implement Dialog compatibility with the "Expert" range, which was announced as a feature in January 2105 ", then announced it would be March, then Christmas 2015, then 2016, (etc. etc.) - Yes they should.
Agreed, but given Devialet have limited resources and probably have to prioritise these two tasks, I'd prefer them to be working on the former without being distracted by the latter.

Being (only a little) facetious, it would be nice if they fulfilled some promises in the order they were made.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(13-Oct-2015, 17:17)thumb5 Wrote: Agreed, but given Devialet have limited resources and probably have to prioritise these two tasks, I'd prefer them to be working on the former without being distracted by the latter.

Being (only a little) facetious, it would be nice if they fulfilled some promises in the order they were made.

I too would prefer them to be working on the former without being distracted by the latter.  The trouble is, I suspect the later might be relatively quick and easy to complete, and the former might be impossible ......

I certainly hope that they are working on at least one or the other, however, Devialet's plans and schedules appear to be very confidential, they don't give much away.
Well, this thread is not about previously promised features! I do think it's a prerequisite to fix AIR issues (it's like delivering a car with 5 gears and you are figuring out there are only 4 that are working :-) )
Just generally speaking - it's finally time to provide the next evolution in really _using_ the Devialet and the various music sources (local hi-res/flac files, streaming providers like tidal,spotify etc.) - if that is via a working AIR and Spark app, the dialog unit or any other successor that is finally Expert line ready ... various possibilities but as well as existing customers as well as others who are interested and finally go for a Linn, Naim etc. solution because they are missing the convenience.

We as the community are absolutely capable of providing a clear sign to Devialet in what direction it should go and where to put available resources resp. how to prioritize things.