Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog cut off one Phantom?
Hello!

Yesterday I bought my second Silver Phantom and a Dialog to complete the set. I was very exited to hook it up, and start enjoying a stereo setup Smile

I connected the new one in, and updated it. Then i reset my old phantom, and started a new setup. 

After setup was complete I open up spotify and played som songs. But it seems like the signal to the newest speaker cuts off all the time. I link to video of the problem. And it seems like the new speaker plays on a significant lower volume than the existing one.

I`ve did a full reset one more time, but it still cuts off the new speaker. In Solo mode the speaker works just fine! 

When I open the Dialog packed it look like the Dialog was dirty on the side of it, and the top of it looks like it haves staines too, if you look at the pictures in the link to. 

Anyone heard of this problem or can't help me? This is the second time i have had problems with my Devialet speakers. The first time i got a bad speaker that make a lot of hissing noise from the back of the speaker. 

VIDEO AND PICTURES https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f944yux0vh7k0...iPJza?dl=0
Sounds like mine acts after I\ve turned them off when away for days, just leave em be and it will most probably settle down. If not, do a full factory reset.

Audio on video is exactly like mine when they think they should use PLC instead of wifi.

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4612
I will try to leave them playing for a while as you said!

Can you change to WIFI instead if PLC, or is it the speakers that choose the best way to connect?
(22-Oct-2017, 11:44)SivertUhre Wrote: Hello!

Yesterday I bought my second Silver Phantom and a Dialog to complete the set. I was very exited to hook it up, and start enjoying a stereo setup Smile

I connected the new one in, and updated it. Then i reset my old phantom, and started a new setup. 

After setup was complete I open up spotify and played som songs. But it seems like the signal to the newest speaker cuts off all the time. I link to video of the problem. And it seems like the new speaker plays on a significant lower volume than the existing one.

I`ve did a full reset one more time, but it still cuts off the new speaker. In Solo mode the speaker works just fine! 

When I open the Dialog packed it look like the Dialog was dirty on the side of it, and the top of it looks like it haves staines too, if you look at the pictures in the link to. 

Anyone heard of this problem or can't help me? This is the second time i have had problems with my Devialet speakers. The first time i got a bad speaker that make a lot of hissing noise from the back of the speaker. 

VIDEO AND PICTURES https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f944yux0vh7k0...iPJza?dl=0

Just do a full factory reset, the complete one
Is it another way to do a reset than with the 3x press the back button? I`ve done that 3 times now including the dialog, and let them sit without power over a minute.
Ok, now i tried setup one more time and i seems to be a problem with the Dialog with the RIGHT speaker, when i setup.

I swapped out the left speaker with the right in SPARK when setting up, and now my real LEFT speaker got the "Right" setting in SPARK, the problem got transferred to that speaker, that was working on the video.

So the speaker thats was cutting off and played at lower volum now is the loudest and does not cut off anymore, the problem got to the other speaker now, so i think its a fault in the Dialog
Just give them a while, see what I wrote in the thread I posted above, sometimes I have to wait a couple of hours for them to settle down. Seriously annoying. Also very annoying that you can't force them to any of the protocols but let them chose them selves which in my case always starts with PLC only to settle for 5Ghz wifi and everythingsstarts to work again...

After they've settled for me, they work fine till I am away and turn them off. Then the circus starts again when I get home >_<
I will contact the retailer and swap it in another one. For this amount of money they should just work. I will not wait 2 hours for the speaker can settle before i can listen to my speakers.
Getting another Phantom isn't going to magically make the problem go away.
But it seems to be the Dialog, not the speaker when the problem went over to the other speaker after I change the left and right setup in the spark app?

Do you know any other way of troubleshooting the problem?