Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog cut off one Phantom?
(22-Oct-2017, 21:02)SivertUhre Wrote: But it seems to be the Dialog, not the speaker when the problem went over to the other speaker after I change the left and right setup in the spark app?

Do you know any other way of troubleshooting the problem?

How are the speakers connected to the Dialog? Via PLC, ethernet or WiFi? Are both Phantoms connected the same way? Does the problem still occur when you connect the Phantoms  and Dialog to the same power strip?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I have mine on the same power strip, but if they think PLC is the way to go (which they always think initially) one of the speakers always lags, lose sound etc. Once settled on wifi, they work flawlessly.

@sivert: I usually just leave it alone for a few hours doing something else. Once "they've" done what ever they "have" to do to decide how to communicate (which I think should take seconds, not hours or as has been pointed out elsewhere - let the user decide which protocol they should use) everything works fine for me.
(22-Oct-2017, 21:23)ragwo Wrote:
(22-Oct-2017, 21:02)SivertUhre Wrote: But it seems to be the Dialog, not the speaker when the problem went over to the other speaker after I change the left and right setup in the spark app?

Do you know any other way of troubleshooting the problem?

How are the speakers connected to the Dialog? Via PLC, ethernet or WiFi? Are both Phantoms connected the same way? Does the problem still occur when you connect the Phantoms  and Dialog to the same power strip?

It says PLC for some reason, never WiFi. I will try connect it to the same strip, see if that helps Smile
From devialet:

"For your issue, according to your description, please do not worry it is probably the connection issue due to below reasons:
1) your Dialog and Phantoms are possibly not in same electricity loops (PLC)
2) and/or your Dialog is probably too far to your Phantoms
3) and/or there is interference source within your electricity loops (PLC)

Phantoms and Dialog transfer data internally via PLC (data transfer through electricity) or internal WiFi (not your home router WiFi).
​​
Thus, I would like to ask you proceed Phantom Spark setup by plugging all your Phantoms and Dialog into same powerstrip, which can make sure all your devices are in same electricity loop. (they transfer audio data through electricity).

And then please let me know if above procedure can find back your new Phantom or not."

So will try connect on the same powerstrip and see?
Everything work perfectly now, after I connected both speakers to the same outlet! The Dialog is on a separate outlet, but on the same line! No cut off or lag anymore, both got same volume!! Big Grin

Thanks for the help!
Glad it worked out OK for you!
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(23-Oct-2017, 17:13)SivertUhre Wrote: Everything work perfectly now, after I connected both speakers to the same outlet! The Dialog is on a separate outlet, but on the same line! No cut off or lag anymore, both got same volume!! Big Grin

Thanks for the help!

Just a side note: If you don't fancy PLC, Dialog and the Phantoms would communicate via ethernet if wired to LAN. That's how I got rid of PLC, which I don't trust very much.
OK, i will that a try to.

But i wonder if you have multiple Phantoms around the house, and PLC works correct only if you are on the same power line, what happens when you have place the Phantom in different rooms, on different lines?
(23-Oct-2017, 19:59)SivertUhre Wrote: OK, i will that a try to.

But i wonder if you have multiple Phantoms around the house, and PLC works correct only if you are on the same power line, what happens when you have place the Phantom in different rooms, on different lines?

I just have one pair. I assume that multiple Phantoms in the house can still connect to Dialog via LAN.