Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog for 98dbII?
Hello All, 

I recently got two of the 98ddII for a small bar environment, amazing sound, but I have to say it has been very disappointing connection wise, its challenging to keep them paired and stable, they constantly drop out of the split stereo pairing mode, I’ve been doing it using the phone app and playing from spotify. 

I wanted to try the Dialog on an effort to keep them constantly connected and have one less thing to worry about. My questions are:

1 - Would the Dialog keep the phantom 98db II constantly linked and reduce the risk of disconnection? 
2 - Would any random person be able to pair on to the speakers using their phone airplay or bluetooth even when they are linked to the Dialog? Or would the speakers stay dedicated to playing only from the Dialog and avoid being unpaired?   

Thank you.
(06-Sep-2022, 14:51)Albongino Wrote: Hello All, 

I recently got two of the 98ddII for a small bar environment, amazing sound, but I have to say it has been very disappointing connection wise, its challenging to keep them paired and stable, they constantly drop out of the split stereo pairing mode, I’ve been doing it using the phone app and playing from spotify. 

I wanted to try the Dialog on an effort to keep them constantly connected and have one less thing to worry about. My questions are:

1 - Would the Dialog keep the phantom 98db II constantly linked and reduce the risk of disconnection? 
2 - Would any random person be able to pair on to the speakers using their phone airplay or bluetooth even when they are linked to the Dialog? Or would the speakers stay dedicated to playing only from the Dialog and avoid being unpaired?   

Thank you.

Try running an ethernet cable from one phantom to the other.
2 Channel Power / Signal Path: APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1 → miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Headphone iFi Audio iDSD Signature → Grado GS1000i
I suspect your bar environment is too noisy for WiFi and Bluetooth. As supaDean suggested, use an Ethernet cable. Alternately, use PLC (Power line connection). PLC works best when both Phantoms are plugged into same power board.