Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog for mono Phantom
I understand the Dialog is necessary for running a pair of Phantoms in stereo. Is there any additional benefit the Dialog provides for a single Phantom however?

Also does it support USB audio yet?

Thanks.
Provides built-in Tidal, Spotify, Deezer and Qobuz streaming. Otherwise you need to use Bluetooth. I personally went with Raspberry Pi + Roon path and bypassed Spark altogether.
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
Dialog will also provide an extra optical toslink in case you need one.
USB is not of any use except providing 5V if you need it like to power Chromecast for example.
PH
(18-May-2016, 01:07)dogbait Wrote: I understand the Dialog is necessary for running a pair of Phantoms in stereo. Is there any additional benefit the Dialog provides for a single Phantom however?

Also does it support USB audio yet?

Thanks.
Devialet support are pretty fast at responding. 5 mins later got a reply. Relevant snippet below:

Me: Can the Phantom work with Tidal, Spotify etc. without the Dialog?

Devialet: You will not have Tidal or deezer (spotify and radio will work without dialog)
(18-May-2016, 04:41)trashken Wrote: Provides built-in Tidal, Spotify, Deezer and Qobuz streaming. Otherwise you need to use Bluetooth. I personally went with Raspberry Pi + Roon path and bypassed Spark altogether.

Hello. Just a maybe stupid question, how do you send your audio from the raspberry to the phanthom?
Best regards Lars
(18-May-2016, 21:47)Gaustabl Wrote: Hello. Just a maybe stupid question, how do you send your audio from the raspberry to the phanthom?

An additional board with TOSLINK output I guess?

Like this one for example: https://www.hifiberry.com/digiplus/
(18-May-2016, 23:05)EvPa Wrote:
(18-May-2016, 21:47)Gaustabl Wrote: Hello. Just a maybe stupid question, how do you send your audio from the raspberry to the phanthom?

This is how I do it. RPi 2B + Digiplus card via optical to Phantom. Linux Roonbridge is loaded on the Pi. Roon core runs on a NUC type PC in the study with music on a NAS. The RPi has a linear power supply. All controlled via ipad.
(19-May-2016, 01:44)stevec Wrote:
(18-May-2016, 23:05)EvPa Wrote:

This is how I do it. RPi 2B + Digiplus card via optical to Phantom. Linux Roonbridge is loaded on the Pi. Roon core runs on a NUC type PC in the study with music on a NAS. The RPi has a linear power supply. All controlled via ipad.

Mine is a bit different. Hardware is the same but Pi is running piCorePlayer emulating a SqueezeBox player. Roon core running on a desktop Windows 10. Music on a NAS.
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)