Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog not visible
I have old pair of white Phanthoms (now Phantom I 103db) from 2015 (no Airplay) with Dialog. Setup was running fine during Spark times. 2020 I updated to DOS 2 and retired Dialog. Phanthoms are running fine being ETH wired and have updated themselves to 2.14.4 in meantime.
Yesterday I hooked in again the Dialog to have one more Optical input. It worked !
Showed firmware 2.8.5 (first from 2 series what it got during initial update) and played well to Phanthoms After an hour update notification came and I pulled the trigger. Update failed after long wait !
Now Dialog powers on (some slow purple blinks and the stable white light). It gets IP from router and I can access its web interface. But Devialet app at iPhone does not show it and I can not use its optical input.

I have tried:
3 times pushing reset
10 sec holding (turn off after 3 secs)
15 sec holding (same

attemts to get it download new firmware:

On-3 secs off-4 secs on-3-4-3-4-3-on
On-7 secs offf-3 secs on-7-3-7-3-7-on
Off-7 secs on-3 secs off-7-3-7-3-7-3-on

It does not start downloading firmware. What gives ?
(30-Jul-2022, 12:31)suur13 Wrote: I have old pair of white Phanthoms (now Phantom I 103db) from 2015 (no Airplay) with Dialog. Setup was running fine during Spark times. 2020 I updated to DOS 2 and retired Dialog. Phanthoms are running fine being ETH wired and have updated themselves to 2.14.4 in meantime.
Yesterday I hooked in again the Dialog to have one more Optical input. It worked !
Showed firmware 2.8.5 (first from 2 series what it got during initial update) and played well to Phanthoms After an hour update notification came and I pulled the trigger. Update failed after long wait !
Now Dialog powers on (some slow purple blinks and the stable white light). It gets IP from router and I can access its web interface. But Devialet app at iPhone does not show it and I can not use its optical input.

I have tried:
3 times pushing reset
10 sec holding (turn off after 3 secs)
15 sec holding (same

attemts to get it download new firmware:

On-3 secs off-4 secs on-3-4-3-4-3-on
On-7 secs offf-3 secs on-7-3-7-3-7-on
Off-7 secs on-3 secs off-7-3-7-3-7-3-on

It does not start downloading firmware. What gives ?

I had the same issue yesterday after updating.
I tried all the same things you mentioned. Also switched the unit off for a longer periode of time all without success.
When I tried to install a new device and selected my Dialog I regained access after going through the 3 times pushing reset procedure. 
It works fine now. After the adding the device it popped up and showed the latest firmware (apparently the update does work but prevents it from properly starting).
Hope this helps you too.
Rgds

2 Silver Phantoms (firmware 1.14.0.18), 2 Branches/Tree White, Dialog (firmware 1.14.0.18), Remote
Sorry for late answer - manual search/adding did not help, but I found answer in this forum:

Off-7 secs on-3 secs off-7-3-7-3-7-3-on had to be done 6 times (not 4) and leave unit for 2 hours.

When I returned after that it had downloaded firmware 2.13.10 and is now accessible. Thank you !

EDIT: and I was able to repeat the process - as firmware was now 2.13.10, it still wanted to update (to 2.14.x) and failed again. Same cure and 2.13.10 is back again. It look old Dialog has issue to upate to 2.14 series.
(06-Aug-2022, 15:39)suur13 Wrote: EDIT: and I was able to repeat the process - as firmware was now 2.13.10, it still wanted to update (to 2.14.x) and failed again. Same cure and 2.13.10 is back again. It look old Dialog has issue to upate to 2.14 series.

RE:  It look old Dialog has issue to upate to 2.14 series.

What are the first 4 chars in your serial #?

FWIW I'm using a Dialog "H44A*"  (~2015) model year updated 2.14.
On DOS2 I've had a couple times where one device would get stuck on an older version for some reason. Rebooting everything, including the network, AND phone has helped.

regards
scott-
(14-Aug-2022, 20:50)scotthar Wrote:
(06-Aug-2022, 15:39)suur13 Wrote: EDIT: and I was able to repeat the process - as firmware was now 2.13.10, it still wanted to update (to 2.14.x) and failed again. Same cure and 2.13.10 is back again. It look old Dialog has issue to upate to 2.14 series.

RE:  It look old Dialog has issue to upate to 2.14 series.

What are the first 4 chars in your serial #?

FWIW I'm using a Dialog "H44A*"  (~2015) model year updated 2.14.
On DOS2 I've had a couple times where one device would get stuck on an older version for some reason. Rebooting everything, including the network, AND phone has helped.

regards
scott-
Hi Scott

I know you're asking suur13 but just to add some information to the post, hereby my reply:

My Dialog first 4 chars are "H26A" (so an early version). I was able to upgrade it to 2.14.x (as described in my earlier reply). However I have removed the dialog from my configuration and connected one of the Phantom directly using an optical cable. This works great for me and saves me an additional component with no added value (the earlier version has no Airplay). 

Regards

2 Silver Phantoms (firmware 1.14.0.18), 2 Branches/Tree White, Dialog (firmware 1.14.0.18), Remote