Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog range
Hello.

I was wondering how others here experience the range of the dialog hub. I lose connection to my speakers if I move it more than 3 meters from the speakers. Not what I would call wireless speakers. I was planning on moving the speakers around the house like if my "better" half had company in the living room I could move them to the basement and enjoy my music/movies there in stead. Anyone else have experience with moving them away from the dialog?
I have mine placed around 8-9 meters away in another room. No issues.
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
(16-Sep-2015, 09:06)trashken Wrote: I have mine placed around 8-9 meters away in another room. No issues.

Ok. Good to know.
I will try again and see how it works out.

Do you have it next to your network router?
8-10 meters tested and working without issues.

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net
Hi
Two of my silver Phantoms are set as stereo in the living room downstairs and the third one is solo navigating from my office and bedroom upstairs...
No issues as far as Dialog is concerned except when I need to run the setup... I will move the solo phantom downstairs for the setup ...

However, Bluetooth connection is not reliable.. when my ipad is connected via Bluetooth to one of the phantoms downstairs, the sound is outputted downstairs with no problem... but when I try group playing,.... the sound is cut frequently on the phantom upstairs.

Strange
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
(17-Sep-2015, 21:18)angenet Wrote: Hi
Two of my silver Phantoms are set as stereo in the living room downstairs and the third one is solo navigating from my office and bedroom upstairs...
No issues as far as Dialog is concerned except when I need to run the setup... I will move the solo phantom downstairs for the setup ...

However, Bluetooth connection is not reliable.. when my ipad is connected via Bluetooth to one of the phantoms downstairs, the sound is outputted downstairs with no problem... but when I try group playing,.... the sound is cut frequently on the phantom upstairs.

Strange

Hmm... Yes that is strange. Do you have your router nearby the dialog? I read somewhere on this forum that he had to force his router on a different channel as it was causing interference with the dialog being on the same channel.

My problem was when using bluetooth with the dialog far from the speakers. I think this is because I connect to one of my Phantoms with bluetooth. Then this Phantom will send the signal to the Dialog on the Wi-Fi. Then the dialog have to re-send the signal to both Phantoms on the Wi-Fi. I guess this was causing a lot of interference when the Dialog was far apart from the speakers. Just a guess, but still annoying.