Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog with the expert line?
Hi
I have not been on the forum for a little while and I am unable to find any information on the Devialet website.

Is there any news on when the Dialog will be up and running with the Expert line?

Steve
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(16-Jun-2015, 07:59)Womaz Wrote: Hi
I have not been on the forum for a little while and I am unable to find any information on the Devialet website.

Is there any news on when the Dialog will be up and running with the Expert line?

Steve

Heard different rumours - 'end of year' and '2016'.  Don't hold your breath Smile
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
[/quote]

Heard different rumours - 'end of year' and '2016'.  Don't hold your breath Smile
[/quote]

Yes I wont hold my breath Big Grin
At present I love AIR sound quality but i get the white noise far too often for it to be reliable. So I am back to using my CD transport and I really miss having all of my collection to hand on a network player.
My original intentions were to use AIR with JRiver as its excellent when it works. Due to the problems i am now hoping Dialog will give me what i want, but not sure I can wait this long for it to be available. I may consider the Aurender N100, but it seems a shame if its not much of a step up from AIR, if its a step up at all. Also the cost issue too. Although i think ultimatlely I will want to take the laptop out of the music playback/

Steve
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --

Yes I wont hold my breath  Big Grin
At present I love AIR sound quality but i get the white noise far too often for it to be reliable. So I am back to using my CD transport and I really miss having all of my collection to hand on a network player.
My original intentions were to use AIR with JRiver as its excellent when it works. Due to the problems i am now hoping Dialog will give me what i want, but not sure I can wait this long for it to be available. I may consider the Aurender N100, but it seems a shame if its not much of a step up from AIR, if its a step up at all. Also the cost issue too. Although i think ultimatlely I will want to take the laptop out of the music playback/

Steve

Have you tried the beta version of AIR?  (2.1.4beta4)  This is available on Devialet's website, click through Expert /Assistance /Announcement. Many people are reporting that this beta version is white noise free, although there remain some issues of maybe stuttering or even cutting out. Worth a try though, although not 100% perfect, I'm finding it stable for the majority of the time.
(16-Jun-2015, 13:03)Confused Wrote: Heard different rumours - 'end of year' and '2016'.  Don't hold your breath Smile

Steve

Have you tried the beta version of AIR?  (2.1.4beta4)  This is available on Devialet's website, click through Expert /Assistance /Announcement.

I did try a beta version about two months ago, and it made no difference. Is this the one you are referring to? My apologies as I have not been on the site for a while.

Steve
(16-Jun-2015, 13:09)Womaz Wrote:
(16-Jun-2015, 13:03)Confused Wrote: Heard different rumours - 'end of year' and '2016'.  Don't hold your breath Smile

Steve

Have you tried the beta version of AIR?  (2.1.4beta4)  This is available on Devialet's website, click through Expert /Assistance /Announcement.

I did try a beta version about two months ago, and it made no difference. Is this the one you are referring to? My apologies as I have not been on the site for a while.

Steve

Yes, I think the latest beta version came out in April '15. Alternatively, you could try running your laptop via USB?
(16-Jun-2015, 13:12)Confused Wrote:
(16-Jun-2015, 13:09)Womaz Wrote:

Steve

Steve

Yes, I think the latest beta version came out in April '15.  Alternatively, you could try running your laptop via USB?

The USB not really an option as laptop in different room. When the lap top is brought into the same room AIR seems to work for longer, so for me it appears to be a WiFi issue.
I know it makes sense to wait for Dialog, but five months after forking out for the 200 I dont think i am using it to its full potential.

Steve
Any updates so far when this will be available ?
Dialog for Expert has apparently slipped into 2016. From Devialet support today: "It is not possible for the Expert range at the moment to play offline Tidal music from the mobile app. It will be next year, when Dialog (our tool including the Tidal software) will be compatible with the Expert line."
I enquired about Dialog, and also about the remote app (which I think is due for a refresh. This is what I got back from Devialet support;

Devialet Support (Devialet)
Jul 2, 08:01

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your message;

We do hope to get some work done on the remote app soon. We will get back to you as soon as it is the case.

Concerning Dialog compatible with Expert, this should be planned for 2016 and we will of course advise of any progress on this point.

We stay at your service,

Best regards,
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB