Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Differences between streamers ?
(25-Jun-2021, 08:34)ruivilar Wrote: I tested several streamers connected to the 100 MHz output of an EtherRegen by a Shunyata Alpha Ethernet Cable and to the Devialet by USB (Transparent) or spdif (Kimber ks2020). These included the Aurender X100 and W20, DCS Network Bridge, Wattson Emerson, and Devialet Roon. The Roon core was either a Nucleus+ or a dedicate MacBook Air. In my opinion the best sound quality in general was achieved with the Wattson Emerson connected to the Devialet by spdif, with the Nucleus as Roon Core.

Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk

Interesting.  Over the years I have listened to many things feeding a Devialet, and I would say that the Aurender W20 (via AES/EBU) was one of the very best.  So if the Watton Emerson has a similar / better performance, that is very impressive.  (I think the W20 is about 10 times the price)

I have read some very positive reports regarding the Wattson Emerson.  I think that I would probably have bought one if it was HQPlayer / NAA compatible, which it is not unfortunately.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
That's very interesting!
The Aurender W20 costs well over 10 times more than the Wattson Emerson and still about 5 times more than the Aurender X100 or the DCS Network Brigde.
Did you connect the Aurender via SPDIF too? As far as I understand the technology correctly, the Aurender DAC is bypassed and works "only" as a bridge. Either way, the Devialet DAC is always involved.
To what extent do you find the music quality better with the comparatively inexpensive Wattson Emerson?
(28-Jun-2021, 15:34)Lindiman Wrote: That's very interesting!
The Aurender W20 costs well over 10 times more than the Wattson Emerson and still about 5 times more than the Aurender X100 or the DCS Network Brigde.
Did you connect the Aurender via SPDIF too? As far as I understand the technology correctly, the Aurender DAC is bypassed and works "only" as a bridge. Either way, the Devialet DAC is always involved.
To what extent do you find the music quality better with the comparatively inexpensive Wattson Emerson?

No, the Aurenders were connected by USB.

Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk