Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Audio from a DVD
Question 
I have an Oppo BDP-95 connected to my Devilaet 200 using a digital coaxial canle from the digital out on the Oppo to one of the digital inputs on the Amp.

When I play a CD on the Oppo, the music plays as it should.

The BDP is also connected using an HDMI cable to my TV. Last night I played a DVD (video) on the Oppo. I expected the audio signal to come through the Devialet but there was no sound.

Why?
Because Devialet only supports PCM but not AC3 audio codec which is usually the standard codec for DVD.

If you want Devialet to drive your front speakers while playing a DVD then your have to connect the line-out of oppo to the line-in of Devialet. In this scenario oppo will handle decoding and devialet will handle amplification

You can still keep your coax digital connection for CD playback and in that case devialet will act as a DAC, preamp and amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(04-Mar-2015, 07:18)amabrok Wrote: Because Devialet only supports PCM but not AC3 audio codec which is usually the standard codec for DVD.

If you want Devialet to drive your front speakers while playing a DVD then your have to connect the line-out of oppo to the line-in of Devialet. In this scenario oppo will handle decoding and devialet will handle amplification

You can still keep your coax digital connection for CD playback and in that case devialet will act as a DAC, preamp and amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank You!
(04-Mar-2015, 06:56)Shantanu Wrote: I have an Oppo BDP-95 connected to my Devilaet 200 using a digital coaxial canle from the digital out on the Oppo to one of the digital inputs on the Amp.

When I play a CD on the Oppo, the music plays as it should.

The BDP is also connected using an HDMI cable to my TV. Last night I played a DVD (video) on the Oppo. I expected the audio signal to come through the Devialet but there was no sound.

Why?

Go to Oppo settings, Select Audio Format, and select LPCM for SPDIF Out.
That should solve your problem.

Cheers

Kunter
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
I agree Kunter

Sent by iPad