Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Cables for Devialet
I'm looking for good-quality shielded digital cables for my Devialet 200.

I would need an XLR AES/EBU cable (0.5m) for my Bryston BDP-2 digital player and an RCA S/PDIF cable (1.0m) for my Bryston BCD-1 CD player.

What are you using with your Devialet?
(06-Apr-2015, 15:16)samurai7595 Wrote: I'm looking for good-quality shielded digital cables for my Devialet 200.

I would need an XLR AES/EBU cable (0.5m) for my Bryston BDP-2 digital player and an RCA S/PDIF cable (1.0m) for my Bryston BCD-1 CD player.

Hi,

You will have many suggestions but here's mine. Cabledyne (silver 75 ohm) brought a welcome gain between my master and companion otherwise up to that I used my diy cable (soldered the plugs) from VHaudio, their solid silver 75 ohm cable. 
Some on this forum have reported positive results from Transparent, Audioprana to mention some.

In a prefect world you should test at home at least 3-4 different cables within your budget.

Best/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
lots of great choices out there. I'm partial to this manufacturer's products - no nonsense BS stories - great build - great price

www.audiosensibility.com

I use both his digital and single ended Statement "SE" versions.
Not sure where you are located in Canada but if in Montreal, you might want to check out Acoustic Tech - http://www.acoustic-tech.com who offer their own range of cables in many configurations. They were kind enough to let me borrow three types of coaxial cables for a in home demo. Although they sell factory assembled Furutech and other brands, I went with a coaxial cable assembled by them.
Naim NAC-N 272 ➣ Naim XPSDR ➣ Naim NAP 200DR  ➣ Kudos Super 10 ➣ Siltech Explorer 90L  (Montreal, CA)
(06-Apr-2015, 23:59)Ants Wrote: Not sure where you are located in Canada but if in Montreal, you might want to check out Acoustic Tech - http://www.acoustic-tech.com who offer their own range of cables in many configurations. They were kind enough to let me borrow three types of coaxial cables for a in home demo. Although they sell factory assembled Furutech and other brands, I went with a coaxial cable assembled by them.

Hi Ants, yes I'm located in Montreal.

I noticed that they also carry Wireworld cables which I've always wanted to audition.

Thanks!
(07-Apr-2015, 12:20)samurai7595 Wrote: Hi Ants, yes I'm located in Montreal.

I noticed that they also carry Wireworld cables which I've always wanted to audition.

Thanks!

Great news. I used the Wireworld USB cables and liked them. They also seem to be a great performing cable/value for cost. 
Naim NAC-N 272 ➣ Naim XPSDR ➣ Naim NAP 200DR  ➣ Kudos Super 10 ➣ Siltech Explorer 90L  (Montreal, CA)
I use Audioprana silver XLR-RCA to connect master and slave with great results.

Aurender X100 connects via USB Audioquest Cinnamon, I tested the top of the range Audioquest USB Diamond and results were not encouraging. Also I tried iFi Mercury USB and was very disappointed with the purchase!

For CD transport I tried QED signature coaxial cable and recently with the new transport I moved to Audioquest Cinnamon Optical cable and again with a welcomed improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I use a Furutech OCC Cable for XLR and a Transparent PL cable for co-ax. Since in Montreal, you can check the Audio Sensibility site. Steve has a couple of very good products at good prices.
I'm in Montreal as well Wink
Dedicated Mains >Crystal Standard Power Cables >Aurender X100L >Locus Design Essentia USB >D200 >Siltech 330L >Dynaudio C1 Signature
Montréal

I have D200 and BDP-2 with internal SSD's.
I use a Shunyata Zitron Anaconda AES/EBU cable to connect the above.
I prefer it over my friend's Audioquest Diamond USB.

FWIW: don't skimp on a power cord for your D200 & BDP-2.
There are great sonic gains to be had on the D200 with an upgraded cord.
Check the power cord threads in this forum.

- Andy ( in Waterloo, ON, Canada )
(06-Apr-2015, 15:16)samurai7595 Wrote: I'm looking for good-quality shielded digital cables for my Devialet 200.

I tried some Coaxial cables. The best one is Transparent Reference XL but its price is a shocking one...more than 3000 USD...
Now I am using VAn Den Hul The First Ultimate. Nice midrange and powerful bass...