Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ways to get stereo out of Reactors
Hello, I’ve been trying learn how to connect 2 reactors without permanent wifi 
Signal.
I work onboard a cruise ship so I can’t have them connected to the ships wifi.
Ive seen couple ways you guys mention, but got confused
Ive seen toslink( dont know how it works
Sound card.. (i know how it works but I’ll prefer wireless)
I dont know if i can set them up with a router and get them to work with that router
But without wifi connection..
In the end i hope anyone can illustrate me on  some of this or other ways 
I can get them to work
Maybe with some advice on which other equipment i need to buy(best option
Thanks in advance!
(07-Apr-2019, 16:10)Juanbk Wrote: Hello, I’ve been trying learn how to connect 2 reactors without permanent wifi 
Signal.
I work onboard a cruise ship so I can’t have them connected to the ships wifi.
Ive seen couple ways you guys mention, but got confused
Ive seen toslink( dont know how it works
Sound card.. (i know how it works but I’ll prefer wireless)
I dont know if i can set them up with a router and get them to work with that router
But without wifi connection..
In the end i hope anyone can illustrate me on  some of this or other ways 
I can get them to work
Maybe with some advice on which other equipment i need to buy(best option
Thanks in advance!

Hello. With Toslink you plug it into one of your Reactors and the other one pairs wirelessly for Stereo. I just use my onboard / motherboard Mini Toslink Out on my PC to connect to 1 Reactor and the other one connects through the App on my phone.
Living Room: Devialet Dione
The wireless connection either uses WiFi (which you say is unavailable, but it would be easy to get a cheap WiFi router and make a little network just for the phantoms) or over PLC (which uses power cables, if you connect them both to the same power strip/circuit this should work).

You can also use ethernet, but you said you wanted it to be wireless (except for power of course).

You can choose in the app which method to use.
(08-Apr-2019, 08:20)booshtukka Wrote: The wireless connection either uses WiFi (which you say is unavailable, but it would be easy to get a cheap WiFi router and make a little network just for the phantoms) or over PLC (which uses power cables, if you connect them both to the same power strip/circuit this should work).

You can also use ethernet, but you said you wanted it to be wireless (except for power of course).

Thanks for feedback guys, has anyone with a pair of reactors can confirm this, that is possible with a router connect them in stereo without internet?
This the only thing holding me to buy the second one
(10-Apr-2019, 05:07)Juanbk Wrote:
(08-Apr-2019, 08:20)booshtukka Wrote: The wireless connection either uses WiFi (which you say is unavailable, but it would be easy to get a cheap WiFi router and make a little network just for the phantoms) or over PLC (which uses power cables, if you connect them both to the same power strip/circuit this should work).

Thanks for feedback guys, has anyone with a pair of reactors can confirm this, that is possible with a router connect them in stereo without internet?
You need a home wifi network and the Devialet app installed on your smartphone to pair the two reactors in stereo.
This you can do at home.
Once they are paired and you are onboard a ship, you can get them to communicate via PLC only (plug them both in the same power strip) or via an ethernet cable connecting them (if you have the ethernet cable  linking them, it becomes the only available mean of communication between the stereo pair). 

This is explained with a video in the Devialet reactor help section here:

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...om-Reactor

You then need to have a source (TV, CD or DVD player, laptop...) with an optical output and a toslink optical cable running to any one of the two reactors (with the Devialet app source set to aux) or else you can use any source like a smartphone or laptop with bluetooth (set the devialet app to bluetooth and press the bluetooth sign on top of one of the reactors to pair them with your smarphone or laptop), or you can use airplay with Apple music or Spotify (to play music that you have previously downloaded on your smartphone or laptop).

Can I modify the communication mode between 2 Reactor set in Stereo?
When 2 Reactor are installed in Stereo, they are sharing their streaming flow together via different embedded protocol such as PLC, Ethernet or Wifi.
If you are not using them in Ethernet, the default protocol is PLC which sometime can be obstructed by other device connected to your powerline, to workaround this, please follow instruction below
Note: if you are changing the protocol please select the same protocol into both devices, otherwise you will face some strange sound behavior from your Reactor.
To access this option please follow instruction on the below video:

https://youtu.be/-Ubqyy34oIw
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac
(10-Apr-2019, 09:16)eniriop Wrote:
(10-Apr-2019, 05:07)Juanbk Wrote:

You need a home wifi network and the Devialet app installed on your smartphone to pair the two reactors in stereo.
This you can do at home.
Once they are paired and you are onboard a ship, you can get them to communicate via PLC only (plug them both in the same power strip) or via an ethernet cable connecting them (if you have the ethernet cable  linking them, it becomes the only available mean of communication between the stereo pair). 

This is explained with a video in the Devialet reactor help section here:

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...om-Reactor

You then need to have a source (TV, CD or DVD player, laptop...) with an optical output and a toslink optical cable running to any one of the two reactors (with the Devialet app source set to aux) or else you can use any source like a smartphone or laptop with bluetooth (set the devialet app to bluetooth and press the bluetooth sign on top of one of the reactors to pair them with your smarphone or laptop), or you can use airplay with Apple music or Spotify (to play music that you have previously downloaded on your smartphone or laptop).

Can I modify the communication mode between 2 Reactor set in Stereo?
When 2 Reactor are installed in Stereo, they are sharing their streaming flow together via different embedded protocol such as PLC, Ethernet or Wifi.
If you are not using them in Ethernet, the default protocol is PLC which sometime can be obstructed by other device connected to your powerline, to workaround this, please follow instruction below
Note: if you are changing the protocol please select the same protocol into both devices, otherwise you will face some strange sound behavior from your Reactor.
To access this option please follow instruction on the below video:

https://youtu.behttps://youtu.be/-Ubqyy34oIw
Thanks!
So for ethernet setup i first pair them with a home wifi network, and then the ethernet cable between the reactors? Or i still need a router?
And after they are paired i dont need wifi anymore right?
Sorry for my persistent ignorance ️ But im just so new to this
I already orederd the second reactor.. coming this sunday
You can’t just connect ethernet straight between them without a hub or switch, can you?