Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Direct Optical - Splitting and Volume
(14-May-2023, 00:32)booshtukka Wrote: I found an HTTP ipcontrol url that works for volume control in direct optical mode, eventually, and built an iOS shortcut to control the volume. This is working for now! Except for the Arch.

I can’t believe that making it support multiple sources etc adds 60ms or more of latency.

Can you share the ipcontrol volume shortcut to me ? I've been researching for a long time and still don't have a clue ´ `
(13-May-2023, 20:22)njaiswal Wrote: Have both the Yamaha WXC-50 and the Bluesound Node 2i.  I found both to work extremely well with a nod to the bluesound because it has a better app than the Yamaha.

Hi, I am looking for solution to control volume on Phantoms through my TV. I noticed the current gen 3 Node has HDMI eARC. Do you think it would be possible to connect such as: TV --HDMI eARC--> Bluesound Node --optical--> Phantoms and control volume levels on TV and having Phantoms volume change as a result?

Does anyone know of any alternative solutions to this problem? I would really like a single TV remote solution experience.
I managed to build an iOS shortcut to set the volume and it works well. For my speaker an example would be:

http://192.168.0.50/opticaldirect/volume

…and you also need to post JSON with a property called volume set to the percentage you want, eg:

{volume:60}
(30-Jun-2023, 15:31)arteezy Wrote:
(13-May-2023, 20:22)njaiswal Wrote: Have both the Yamaha WXC-50 and the Bluesound Node 2i.  I found both to work extremely well with a nod to the bluesound because it has a better app than the Yamaha.

Hi, I am looking for solution to control volume on Phantoms through my TV. I noticed the current gen 3 Node has HDMI eARC. Do you think it would be possible to connect such as: TV --HDMI eARC--> Bluesound Node --optical--> Phantoms and control volume levels on TV and having Phantoms volume change as a result?

Does anyone know of any alternative solutions to this problem? I would really like a single TV remote solution experience.

I don't think that will work.  The bluesound doesn't respect commands from the HDMI port.  The best I was able to do is to use a universal remote that controls either my JBL-SDP55 processors or my Symetrix Radius processor.  

Take a look at this link 
https://support1.bluesound.com/hc/en-us/...r-Soundbar

It shows how you can pair a universal remote with the bluesound.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante