Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Direct ethernet connection between 2 Phantom 1?
I have my Phantoms plugged into the PowerQuest 3.  It’s not nearly the product the Niagara 1200 is, but both are made by AudioQuest. 

With the Phantoms plugged into the high current outlets of the PowerQuest I’ve never had better sound from the Phantoms.  Plus, playback has been flawless - no dropouts, no “lost” speakers.  It’s been a huge improvement over just wifi when I would have regular dropouts and at least one speaker would go “missing” whenever I most needed it - like when I’d have friends over or be looking forward to a late night listening session.  Fingers crossed the Niagara works out even better for you!
Roon Core on headless Mac Mini i5 via wifi --> Auralic Aries G1 --> Audioquest Forest Optical --> Devialet Phantom Premiere Classics, stereo pair DOS 2.14.4
(26-Oct-2021, 04:40)bpo Wrote:   Fingers crossed the Niagara works out even better for you!

Thank you so much. With your confirmation, I'm willing to buy the Audioquest Niagara 1200 now Smile
(24-Oct-2021, 06:42)ragwo Wrote:
(24-Oct-2021, 04:58)gabeo1985 Wrote:
(23-Oct-2021, 20:47)ragwo Wrote: Hi and welcome to DC! Congratulations on your new speaker!
You can't connect the speakers directly together with an ethernet cable, only Phantom II supports direct connection. You'll have to connect both to your router/switch if you want wired connection.

I read on our forum that once successfully stereo paring via Wifi and Devialet app, I can use Ethernet cable to connect both speakers to make it work without wifi, is it true?

That's unfortunately incorrect as far as I know.

I’m sorry to inform you that you are wrong, Devialet technical support has just confirmed to me that both Phantom I and Phantom II models can connect to each other via a direct Ethernet cable.
@javiervitorero
That's nothing to be sorry about. It's great that it's possible with the Phantom I too. Maybe it's because of the new hardware?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Pardon my ignorance but what is the advantage of direct connection between two devialets vs individual connection to a router?
(10-Nov-2021, 20:11)st33f Wrote: Pardon my ignorance but what is the advantage of direct connection between two devialets vs individual connection to a router?

I don't believe it's an advantage over a direct connection to the router, but if you only have WiFi connection and needs a solid sync between the speakers, direct connection could be beneficial.
My Phantom Voyage
(10-Nov-2021, 16:26)javiervitorero Wrote:
(24-Oct-2021, 06:42)ragwo Wrote:
(24-Oct-2021, 04:58)gabeo1985 Wrote: I read on our forum that once successfully stereo paring via Wifi and Devialet app, I can use Ethernet cable to connect both speakers to make it work without wifi, is it true?

That's unfortunately incorrect as far as I know.

I’m sorry to inform you that you are wrong, Devialet technical support has just confirmed to me that both Phantom I and Phantom II models can connect to each other via a direct Ethernet cable.

Do you think that the quality of the Ethernet cable affects the sound quality if I use it to connect 2 Phantoms? For example, does some expensive ethernet cable like Wireworld Starlight 8 Twinax Ethernet offer superior sound quality than normal CAT8 ethernet cable?
@gabeo1985
The short answer is no.
My Phantom Voyage