Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Direct optical mode
Hi,
am I correct in that direct optical mode is not available on Phantom II as per DOS 2.13.2?
I think there still is a direct optical mode for the Phantom II, but the latency will still be 60ms. The procedure is listed in a thread here at DC somewhere.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I've been wondering if Devialet have managed to decreasse the Direct Optical Input mode to below 60ms or is this still the same amount? Seems the bigger Phantoms have around 5ms Latency in Direct Optical Mode comparatively.

Still deciding over the two due to Black Friday deals running currently.
The only Phantom with no (zero) latency is the Phantom II Custom. See here: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Phantom-...uggestions
The "big" Phantoms have, as you say, low latency in Direct Optical Mode. In both cases there is no streaming or wifi/bluetooth. I think the Phantom II 95 & 98 still has minimum 60ms in Direct Optical Mode.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(28-Nov-2021, 21:05)audiobirdi Wrote: I've been wondering if Devialet have managed to decreasse the Direct Optical Input mode to below 60ms or is this still the same amount? Seems the bigger Phantoms have around 5ms Latency in Direct Optical Mode comparatively.

Still deciding over the two due to Black Friday deals running currently.

Why did they take that approach?
Have not understood it since.