Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disable Speaker output
Ok, this will go down as the silliest question of the year. But since I am relatively new, I just want to confirm that if I wish to use the Devialet temporarily to record vinyl without speakers connected, I just need to turn off the speakers in the Devialet configurator? I assume the answer is yes.

Further if I wish to hook up the Devialet to my pre amp / amp home theater system again to record vinyl but to have the output go from the Devialet to my home theater pre amp, I turn off the speakers and just configure a digital output to feed the home theater pre amp.

Thanks!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Yes and yes
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Thank you and thank you. I am still wading my toes into the Devialet. My new speakers appear to have done a reset on delivery date and thus appear to be several weeks out again. My old speakers go bye bye on Friday, so I figure I would rip some vinyl to 24/96 in the interim.

I will tell you using just a 200, it sounds pretty darn fine with my current speakers, don't regret the tubes going bye bye. Never thought I would say that. I do want to try a companion once I get my new speakers.

In the interim got a new Furtech Rhodium outlet to install and occupy my time, just sold off my Aries, and continue to enjoy Roon immensely. Plus have an Amber Regen...so many toys so little time.

I will be gobsmacked if I can reduce what was a rack full of gear to two Devialets hanging from the wall and a Sonore μRendu running Roon speakers, with the NAS and Roon core system on a different floor.

Never mind the DAC I will be able to unload as well...

Thanks again Pim.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
You could program and use an output for headphones if you feel the need to listen in the mean time. What are the speakers you're waiting for?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Giya G3s. Let's just say they still have an ocean to cross....
SXSW, US