Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discoloration of Display
Hi

I have a D-Premier. Last June I sent Thierry this picture.

Here is his response:

Quote:Dear Howard,

Honestly, I don't see any trace on the pictures you've sent. This doesn't mean there aren't any!!

There are 2 possibilities:
- either you open the product, dismantle the boards an clean the window by yourself. In this case, we don't take any responsibility for any damage being caused by this process.
- We clean the window at the factory. In this case we will need to charge you the shipping costs.

You may contact your distributor if he would like to perform this cleaning for you.

Let me know what you prefer.

Best regards

Thierry

Anyone else seeing this.

Hg
Weird, looks like residue left behind after the condensation of some sort of gas. I guess it must be local environment related or, worst case, because of some blown up component inside the Devialet.

Is it always there or does it go away/change in size/location when the Devialet heats up? No funny odors around the Devialet?
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(05-Nov-2014, 00:05)Antoine Wrote: Weird, looks like residue left behind after the condensation of some sort of gas. I guess it must be local environment related or, worst case, because of some blown up component inside the Devialet.

Is it always there or does it go away/change in size/location when the Devialet heats up? No funny odors around the Devialet?

I think it is residue left from outgassing of a component or a coating in the D-Primier. I do live near the ocean but humidity is very low here year round.

It was not there when new but about March I began noting it and got around to mailing Devialet in June. I was very disappointed in the response and therefore decided not to upgrade.

At least if a component is failing I will have a record of when symptoms showed up.

Other than this it sounds great.

Also, it looks like no one else here has this problem?

Hg