Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distance between Dual Monos for lower temperature
When both Devialets are positioned over each other temperature is rising till critical 64 degrees.
Some have created some Acryl kind of racks etc.
I wonder are there some spacer washer / distance elements or any other recommended solutions you are using to enable better airflow / distance between both Devialets ?
I am using some higher resonance damper (made for speakers). There are on the market multiple models with different heights.

Oh great! What are you using? What type of materials are recommended ?
I use OEHLBACH - XL Air Absorb (https://www.oehlbach.com/en/audio-equip/...air-absorb), but I also used other resonance damper. I also used handmade distance elements, made of wood or rubber.
I don't know if there is a recommended material. I think it is important that the material is not sensitive to temperature, and the area covered by the base of the distance elements to be minimized (so as not to reduce too much the cooling surface of the amplifier).
Obviously, the dimensions of the distance elements must be such as to ensure the stability of the amplifier above.
Some on this forum have recommended the optional wall mounts, as the Devialets profit from some sort of chimney function that this position provides. I think the nicest (eye pleasing) option other than stack them on each other is a quality hifi rack with two or more shelves. I have placed my units side-to-side to keep the temp low.
Thank you for your inputs!
(23-Apr-2020, 11:50)Fairvsfree Wrote: Some on this forum have recommended the optional wall mounts, as the Devialets profit from some sort of chimney function that this position provides. I think the nicest (eye pleasing) option other than stack them on each other is a quality hifi rack with two or more shelves. I have placed my units side-to-side to keep the temp low.
IMHO, the most eye pleasing option is to have at least one D mounted on the wall. This way, you can see the display.
Like this, perhaps?

Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I have like this.

Finite elemente spider. On top and under of the spider there is stone shelf. Under the D there is isolation feet.
[Image: 067d29aa335c7cb8f731e8d502d1b8d9.jpg]
(24-Apr-2020, 08:05)Waiski Wrote: I have like this.

Finite elemente spider. On top of the spider there is stone shelf on top and under the spider. Under the D there is isolation  feet.
[Image: 067d29aa335c7cb8f731e8d502d1b8d9.jpg]

Nice and stylish solution Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Unfortunately have just a height in total of about 20cm available